Thread: How to remove Worm.P2P.Palevo.J?

How to remove Worm.P2P.Palevo.J?

Hello, I have got the worm in my system while i was downloading the files from the lime wire by sing P2P network. Actually i found that file is infected by worm when i opened it. It was a video file containing Worm.P2P.Palevo.J. Since my anti virus system is of pirated version, It is not able to delete this file. Please give me some ways to delete Worm.P2P.Palevo.J.

Worm.P2P.Palevo.J Indications.

Here are some indications when your computer gets infected by the Worm.P2P.Palevo.J.
    1. system files would be Infected, eliminated or damaged.
    2. Computer and Internet browser will be inconstant.
    3. Unknown desktop shortcuts.
    4. Malicious programs will install automatically.
    5. Strange process running in task manager.

Use Avast anti virus to remove Worm.P2P.Palevo.J.

I think you need a good program to deal with the worms on your computer. You said that you are using the pirated version of anti spyware so let me inform you that there are some viruses which can affect your anti spyware also so that your spyware would not be warning you about infections happening in your system. It corrupts your anti virus system. I am using Avast from last 3 years and never faced any problem regarding the viruses in may system. Click on name to download Avast.

Use safe mode to remove worms.

Once your system is infected by the worms then it becomes difficult to delete them sometime. As per your sayings your computer is infected by Worm.P2P.Palevo.J. I would suggest you to use safe mode deal with it. You can go to safe mode. You need to restart your computer and while it reboots, keep on pressing F8 key which will take you to the bios settings where your mouse will not be working so you have to use arrow keys to select for the safe mode.

Re: How Worm.P2P.Palevo.J spreads.

Worm.P2P.Palevo.J has three propagation medium by which it can come to your system are MSN messages, USB drives and P2P shares. If your system is showing an external drive X: then the file X:\autorun.inf will be created pointing to the malware at X:\folder.tmp\tmp.exe. This worm auto runs when disk inserted in to any computer. There are some P2P sharing applications such as Ares, BearShare, iMesh, Shareaza, Kazaa, DC++, eMule, eMule+, LimeWire by which also it can infect your system.