Thread: Window 7 Pro VPN problem

Window 7 Pro VPN problem

I recently installed Windows 7 Pro on my Sony laptop. I have all the necessary settings I need, in terms of security authentication, etc. I was able to use Snow Leopard on my Mac to easily set up an IPSEC VPN tunnel. Using the same config settings as my XP set-ups - PPTP etc. - I get a 691 error. I have enabled MSCHAP on Windows 7 Pro as I understand that PIX 501 doesn't support MSCHAP v2. So, can any body tell me that why i'm facing Window 7 Pro VPN problem on my system? Does any body knows about it? Please help me out to resolve the above issue. Thanks.

Re: Window 7 Pro VPN problem

This behavior can occur if your computer and the RAS server do not have a protocol in common, or if RAS is not configured correctly. Open the XP VM itself, don't use the shortcut that was published to the W7 start menu. Assuming the RRAS is using, you need to make the Windows client is running PPTP too. You'll have to install Outlook/your mail client INSIDE the VM as well as on the W7 side. You can point to the same psts if you have local psts, but you just can't have them open at the same time from W7 and the XP VM.

Cisco normal VPN client is 32-bit only, and I mean ONLY. Make sure you start your Safe Net IKE service from services.msc and then connect to Juniper vpn. Also verify your "Pre shared" key. 64-bit AnyConnect client is not oing/working like I need it to, so I can't connect to the office.

Partly the problem was with the Internet provider and partly with W7 starter. To resolve this issue, uninstall the TCP/IP protocol, remove the second WAN Miniport IP device, and then reinstall the TCP/IP protocol. Changed the provider and upgraded to W7 Pro. Also Installed my old XP in dual boot mode (just in case).

You say you are using the latest version of VPN client. Perhaps you could post the exact version that you are using? Maybe ISAKMP protocol is blocked. This behavior can be caused by firewall on the computer, in the router or on the ISP side. You may temporary disable the firewall. Have you enabled logging in the VPN client for one of the Windows 7 PCs? Perhaps there are some log messages that would shed light on the problem.

You need to install an OpenVPN client on the Win 7 machine. If you use Registry Editor incorrectly, you may cause serious problems that may require you to reinstall your operating system. Microsoft cannot guarantee that you can solve problems that result from using Registry Editor incorrectly. Use Registry Editor at your own risk. In the past I used the OpenVPN GUI for Windows although its rather old now and I can't say if it will run on Win 7. There is also the normal OpenVPN client.