Thread: SPAMfighter or Trend Micro

SPAMfighter or Trend Micro

Hi, i am a Windows Vista user that is connected on Network and am in need of some suggestion from you all guys. Actually, i was in search of application that can control Spamming of my inbox and also control home network, wireless network, etc.. After working around, finally i got two options that are Trend Micro and SPAMfighter. Now could you guys please suggest me the best one from SPAMfighter and Trend Micro ?

Any help will be appreciated !!

Re: SPAMfighter or Trend Micro

SPAMfighter solution is anti-spam and anti-virus program easy to use for Microsoft Exchange Server 2000, 2003 and 2007. And on the another side, Trend Micro is a complete antivirus that has many features: The software has many features such as control of home network, wireless network, assessment of vulnerabilities, protection against fraud, etc.. Well, as a suggestion, i'll suggest to go with Trend Micro as its protection is also effective against viruses from external storage devices.

If you are fed up of spams in your inbox than Spamfigher will be the good choice, i can say as it will allow messaging type Outlook, Outlook Express, Windows Mail and Thunderbird to automatically filter spam. Also it is compatible with Windows Vista and protects against "phishing" and usurpations email, password and login.When a new e-mail arrives, it is automatically tested by SPAMfighter. If it's spam, it will be instantly moved to your SPAMfighter folder. If you receive a spam mail that is not detected, click on a single button, and the spam mail is removed

Well, thanks for your quick and valuable suggestions, friends. I really appreciate it. Actually i am little confused yet and i decided to try both of them once and will go with the best. So i request you guys to please let me know the installation and configuration process of both the applications that is Trend Micro and SPAMfighter. Thanks again.

Trend Micro installation and configuration:
    • Download Trend Micro.
    • Save the download to your desktop for example, or choose a path, eg C: / / program files / ...
    • Accept the license agreement.
    • The installation process checks ( "scan") your files to make sure your item is free from viruses and displays your "information", accept those displayed by default.
    • Select a full installation.
    • Use the recommended configuration.
    • Confirm the installation.
    • Once installation is complete reboot the system.

When you run the program, you'll find 5 fingernails left of the screen, that are General, checks for viruses and spyware, control network, control the net and emails, and other support functions and support.

SPAMfighter's interface is simple tabs to the left of the screen allow you to view work in progress. Configuration process for SPAMfighter are as follows:-

1. Choose the installation language
    2. Accept the license agreement
    3. Enter your e-mail address and password
    4. Install the file by mail or place in a folder of your choice.
    5. When installation is complete, restart your email client. You now have a SPAMfighter folder and a new bar menu SPAMfighter in your email client.

Each time you check your e-mail in your mail client, the system automatically checks your mail cons messages identified as spam in the server list SPAMfighter. If a message is identified as Spam it is automatically moved to the Spam folder.