Thread: Remote Access Service Installation fails

Remote Access Service Installation fails

Hi,

My problem is that Remote Access Service Installation fails. I have encountered in relation to the Remote Access Service, is that when I try to call the remote access server, but the link to install it fails. What may be the issue ???

Re: Remote Access Service Installation fails

Personally, I use remote access service, mainly as a means of access to the corporate network to remote users. In such situations, the use of remote access and connectivity through a modem - perhaps the only way out of the unavailability of broadband connections for different areas. I found that often in remote rural areas, telephone lines were of poor quality for reliable data transfer. Unfortunately, sometimes I have found that this happened with the old office buildings, which had long telephone lines.

In some cases, this problem is partially solved by installing a filter between the telephone line and modem. These filters help to improve the signal from the line by reducing the noise. But in other situations, low-cost filters are ineffective, and I had to seek a solution through the telephone company. If you are trying to connect in a rural area, or telephone lines to the building is too old, is a communication problem is easily explained. However, there are times when the problem is not so easy to understand.

If you have ever dealt with the console remote access service, you may have noticed that there is no available mechanism for diagnosing problems with the connection. However, in the Control Panel has several useful tools. If you have a problem with the connection using a modem, first of all need to know the problem in the server or the client. Usually it is fairly easy to determine, because if the problem in the server, then all users must be hard. If the complexity of only one client, then most likely the problem in the client, not the server.

I would like to reinstall the components, if all else fails, then again everything and reinstall the server. If you've never done before, then you should seriously consider seeking guidance on the appropriate steps. It's always good to start with a new installation, and if you still have problems, then it could be a hardware issue or bios problem.

There is a possibility that the telephone company produces technical work with this line. I really do not think that this may cause problems if the signal is present on the line. However, I have come across instances where the line could transmit data only after the telephone company employees have completed their work.

Yet there is potential damage to the modem electric discharge. Even more recently there was no storm, hardly a telephone line could be damaged. Thunderstorms are usually not strong enough to damage the phone lines, but they can damage the modem, particularly if the modem cable is not specially protected. In this case, you can try to replace the modem and check whether the problem with another modem.