Thread: Security schemes for virus removal

Security schemes for virus removal

Hello, I have an Intel Pentium4 processor 2.6 Ghz, 256 mb RAM, 40 GB SATA HD, Intel 915GAV chipset. When I start my computer It shows me the message that can't find the file "C:\WINDOWs\system32\Virus Removal.vbs". It does not go until I click OK. I am little bit of affraid that my computer is susceptible to viruses. Anyone is there who can help me?

Undesirable Program

Hi, I guess you had updated your antiviruse software. Viruseremoval.vbs is an undesirable program.
    This particular file has been identified as a program that is undesirably running on your computer. This contains programs that are undesirable,and harmful to yuor computer.
    I think If this message is shown and states that it is a suspicious then you should have to immediately run an antivirus and antispyware program that you have.

Virus Removal

VirusRemoval.vbs is a file that is located in a folder which is not identifiable. The size of this file is zero on Windows XP that is 0 bytes.
    This application gets started when Windows was started. Note: see Registry key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Userinit. This file is not a Windows core file.
    Some malware treats themselves as VirusRemoval.vbs, specially when they are located in c:\windows or c:\windows\system32 folder.

Wscript

I suggest you to first open your task manager to remove Viruseremoval. Then check whether the WSCRIPT.exe process is running or not. If you find that it running then end the process. After this go to windows/ system32 directory and delete the virusremoval.vbs . After deleting the file open msconfig and delete the startup key. Sometime blank startup item with no name of process are there and also delete them.
    Last edited by Big Fish; 16-01-2010 at 08:56 AM.