Thread: Not able to stream Mpeg 2 video from PC to PS3 under Windows 7

Not able to stream Mpeg 2 video from PC to PS3 under Windows 7

Hi. I have a desktop machine with Windows 7 installed as the operating system. Also I have a console that is Playstation 3(PS3) for gaming purpose. The problem is that I am not able to stream mpeg-2 video from my system to playstation 3. I use a linksys router to navigate. Please help me out for the same. Hope to get a solution. Thank you.

Re: Not able to stream Mpeg 2 video from PC to PS3 under Windows 7

It is basically that the system is not able to configure well with the router to the system that is been assigned in order to get navigated well. You need to check out the configuration for the console and the system that is been assigned. Assign a static Ip address to the console in order to get it worked well with the system. This should help you out in getting the issue to get sorted.

I had the similar problem while streaming the video with system. But then I found that the problem was basically with the operating system that is been installed. It was causing the problem as the add on or the remote access to the device was not able navigate well due to incompatibility of the firmware of the console. There may be result that the application lead to such problem. So look out for the same.

Upgrade the firmware for the console and for the router that you are trying to navigating the video as the source. It is very much essential that the devices should be able to cope up well with the operating system in order to work with the same efficiently an without any problem. This can be done very well by integrating the updates into the devices. You will end up with a solution.

There is a possibility that the video you are trying to execute on the console may not be supportive that is it may have the addon or feature to support that particular extension of the file system. It is very much essential that the video file format should support the same. Check out whether Mpeg-2 supports PS3. This will make you to get know about the thing that it is quite possible reason to happen

You can try the same by deactivating all the services and features for Windows 7 that may be the reason for the same. Its as follows:

* Click on the start button and then type msconfig in the search box.
    * Now hit enter.
    * Under the selective startup option chooses Hide all Microsoft services.
    * Now disable the features.
    * Restart the system.