Thread: Linksys WRT160Nv3 router not able to connect PS3 via remote access

Linksys WRT160Nv3 router not able to connect PS3 via remote access

Hello. I have Linksys WRT160Nv3 router and a PlayStation 3 console box for gaming. The thing is I want to connect the router to my console box in order to get remote access and play online. But the connection drops down and I am not able to connect the box with the router. I do not know what could be the reason. Please help me out. Thank you.

Re: Linksys WRT160Nv3 router not able to connect PS3 via remote access

As you are not able to connect the router with the console box. You need to do and follow the simple procedure. You need to set and assign a static Ip address for the console box. The information can be found on by typing ipconfig /all on the run command. Then you need to set the DNS server address. This will then get the console to establish a connection. Try it out. This shall help you out

You may need to double check the remote start is been enabled. This basically sometimes leads to an issue that the remote server start is not been on and leads to the issue. All you need to then perform is to verify the remote access. There is a possibility that it may not be responding as been not kept on. Hope this should sort your query.

Assign the static ip address for the console separately so that it may be easy for distinguishing the port numbers that needs to be assigned accordingly with the same. You may get the slots as one for ps3 the other for some of the ports that is been established and finally the ip address. This is relevant for the remote access connection establishment of the console box with the router.

It may be that the router is not been configured properly and hence the issue is quite not able to get resolved. You need to check for the router that you are using. Replace the router and then try to check by connecting some other one. It may also be that the router configuration would not be assigned in correct order. However this shall let you to a conclusion.

The first and the foremost concern is that the firmware that you are using should be latest. Only then it may result in remote access to internet for online gaming purpose. Install the latest firmware and update the application so that there should not be an issue concerned with the firmware that is been installed. Many a times it is been seen that the outdated firmware creates such issue. Update thing for your router.