Thread: Can't access folders with administrator rights too

Can't access folders with administrator rights too

I don't know why i am not getting access to some folder that are on my system it tried to solve this problem but could get rid of this problem. I don't know why the administrator rights are not effective. Why i am unable to access these folders even with the administrator privileges. Please help me to sort this problem out.

Re: Can't access folders with administrator rights too

First and foremost i would like to ask you one thing whether you have another Operating system installed on your system. If the answer is yes then the problem is because of the ownership of those files and folders belongs to the user account on the other Operating system. I think that you should try to take the ownership of that files or folders to access them.

I can't understand what actually you want to achieve, Also please specify which folders are you trying to access more clearly. In windows the User account control prevent certain actions even though you actually have an administrator account by default. I think you must take some help from the microsoft.

Hi friends First of all i would like to thank you all from the bottom of my heart. Also i would like to tell you that i don't have any other operating system installed on to my system. So there is no question of taking the ownership from other Operating system. Any other ideas in this matter please help me so that i can solve this issue

I have also faced the similar problem with my system sometimes back. I tried to get help from the microsoft but could not solve this problem. In desperation i created a new user account and logged in with that user on the system and to my surprise i solved this issue. If nothing had worked for you it might do the trick in your case.

This problem should be solved by using the built-in diagnosis tools within the windows 7. If this does not works then you can make use of other options like the compatibility options try to access the folder in compatibility mode for windows XP. Lastly you should create another user and try logging in with that this will surely help you.