Thread: How to remove Rogue.Agent/Gen-Nullo[DLL-Spec]

How to remove Rogue.Agent/Gen-Nullo[DLL-Spec]

Hi,

I have windows xp pc with Norton Antivirus installed. My antivirus has detected a virus called Rogue.Agent/Gen-Nullo[DLL-Spec] but it is unable to remove the virus. What should I do to remove Rogue.Agent/Gen-Nullo[DLL-Spec]. Any recommendations ???

Re: How to remove Rogue.Agent/Gen-Nullo[DLL-Spec]

If you already have antivirus software on your computer, it is important to update it regularly with the latest updates (usually called definition files) to help the tool identify and remove the latest threats. Moreover, not all antivirus tools are equal, if you think that using it does not work as desired, must investigate and find an alternative. Note: You may be the case that what we thought was a virus is actually spyware. Download and install Windows Defender Beta 2 or other anti-spyware program to see if this solves the problem.

Try the following steps to remove Rogue.Agent/Gen-Nullo[DLL-Spec] :

1. Visit Microsoft Update and install the latest updates.

2. If you use antivirus software, visit the manufacturer's website, update the software and then undertake a comprehensive review of the team. If not currently use antivirus software, subscribe to a service like this, and scan your computer immediately.

3. Download, install and run the Malicious Software Removal Tool . Note that this tool does not prevent a virus from entering the system, only helps to remove existing viruses.

Sometimes it is necessary to remove viruses manually. Often this is a technical process that involves the performance of its computer users who have experience with the Windows registry and who know how to view and delete system files and programs in Windows. Search for the location of your virus infected file and then delete it manually.

The first step is to identify the virus. Run antivirus software to determine the name of the virus. If antivirus software is not installed or not detected viruses, viruses can be identified, having discovered the principle of their actions. Write the text in all messages that are displayed virus, or upon receipt by e-mail subject line or write down the name of a file attached to it. You can also try online virus scanning.

After removal of the virus may need to reinstall some programs or recovery of lost data. Periodic backup files can significantly reduce the damage caused by virus attacks. Windows Firewall or other firewall notifies users of any suspicious activity to the virus or worm is trying to connect to a computer. It also allows you to prevent viruses, worms and hackers to load malware on your computer.

I have Super Anti Spyware and AVG Anti Virus and every time I run the Super Anti Spyware it finds the same critical Rogus.Agent/Gen-Nullo]DLL]. I click on remove but it continues to show up every time I run it. Under it it shows these two files Windows\System32\MSDRVE.DLL and Windows\VMOPTVER>DLL. My computer is constantly stalling and I have to wait for it to get going again. When I do alt ctrl delete and the Windows Task Manager comes up if I am using Firefox (which I use a lot but it seems to stall more often) It shows very high usage of Mem Usage 600,000+ or 700,000 even I have saw it up to 1,000,000.. When it goes into stall I go there to shut Firefox down because trying to stop it otherwise is useless.

Ugh my question is what do I need to do. This have been going on for about two months at least and it is driving me nuts. I have Windows XP Professional Version 2002 Service Pack 3 Intel[R] core(tm)2 Duo CPU E6300 @ 1.86GHz 1.99 of RAM. I had a man come to my house to work on it and he took it to his house and worked on it but all he did was download the Super Anti Spyware and the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. He also changed some of my setting that took me about a week to figure out how to undo what he did.