Thread: How to remove smss32.exe infection?

How to remove smss32.exe infection?

I am having DELL Studio 17 laptop with configuration: Intel Core 2 Duo Processor, 215MB ATI Mobility Radeon HD graphics, 17.3" HD+ (1600 x 900) TrueLife WLED 900p, 4GB RAM, 512GB HDD AND Windows XP. I am using it from last 6months and it is used for entertainment as well as business work of mine. I use internet on daily basis. Use Norton security antivirus and it recently showed a alert i.e "smss32.exe is infected desktop locked". I don't know what does alert is about and how to fix it? Please somebody help me to get out of this problem.

Re: How to remove smss32.exe infection?

I think the alert you have found is telling that your computer infected by some malware named "smss32.exe", it is kind of trojan may be. I would prefer to go into the my computer and in search option, search where this file located in your system and try to manually delete it. And yes try this whole method in safe mode, because this file would not be performing any action in safe mode. Hope your problem get solve.

As per my knowledge about this alert, i would say that this(smss32.exe) is one of the dangerous file which makes activities on a user’s computer which may be highly undesirable. This file seems to be very unsafe to keep on computer. This file is type of trojan horse and mostly comes with winlogon32.exe and Internet Security 2010. To remove this infection you need to install the register version of antivirus. Hope your problem get solve.

My opinion says that the alert of Smss32.exe infection, is alert that your computer infected by very rated trojan horse.The smss32.exe are usually the components of trojan FakeAlert. And if this trojan horse enters into your machine, they will configure itself to runs automatically when you startup the Windows. And this trojan gets start, it will display a screen that stats that Worm.Win32.Netsky detected on your computer as an attempt to make you think your computer in danger. The alert is fake and you can safety ignore it. Just install the full version or update the Norton antivirus you have.

According to me the smss32.exe is consider as the undesirable program. It is one of the very harmful trojan horse. This(smss32.exe) file is been detected as a program which is undesirable to be running on your laptop. This file consists of lots of programs which will mislead and harm your computer. This also brings with it the W32/Rbot-AD trojan backdoor. And when started, it does connection to the Internet Relay chat server and there it seats on a channel awaiting commands. To avoid this kind of trojan horse use McAfee Full Register version of antivirus.

I would tell the smss32.exe file is one of the type of virus(i.e type Spybot.Worm_K virus). This is consider has medium risk virus and this virus will log into the predefined Internet Relay Chat server and will wait for the backdoor commands, such as launch a DOS attack, download files, log keystrokes and send text messages to the infected computers. You need to require full version of the Norton antivirus. Hope your problem will get fix soon.

smss.exe is a windows program that starts your winlogon and does a few other things in the system32, runs DOS commands, etc. You should check to make sure you have 2 versions before disabling it in safe mode. If it has been infected you can system restore to an uninfected date, isolate the trojan, and either delete it or disable it through your antivirus program.