Thread: Xbox live Error message : Can't connect to wireless network

Xbox live Error message : Can't connect to wireless network

Hi,

To play xbox live, I create a network bridge between the Internet connection to use, and the xbox. I have wifi on my Laptop. And when I create the bridge between the wireless and the xbox, the internet does not work, I can no longer connect to the net or on the pc or xbox. when I am trying to connect, I get error message : Can't connect to your wireless network. What does this error mean ??

Re: Xbox live Error message : Can't connect to wireless network

First, you make sure your access point wireless gateway or router is enabled and verify that the wireless network is not out of reach. Place your Xbox in the same room as the wireless router for testing and try again. If you use the wireless network adapter for Xbox 360, try to disconnect the card and then plug it into. If this does not solve the problem, try plugging the adapter into another USB port on the console.

If the wireless network is not listed and does not broadcast its name the name of your network, you must obtain the three following elements of information from the access point wirelessly to establish a successful connection:
    • The network name (SSID)
    • Security Key
    • The type of security

Note :
    The Xbox currently supports the following security types:
    • WEP 64-bit
    • 128-bit WEP
    • WPA
    • WPA 2
    • No security

Enter information in console. To do this, open the Network Settings, select Control wireless network not listed select specify and then enter the information you obtained from your access point wireless.

If you've enabled on the wireless router MAC filtering (Media Access Control), be sure to add the MAC address of your Xbox 360 to the list of allowed MAC addresses on the network device. If you use a wireless Ethernet bridge, be sure to add the MAC address of your Xbox 360 and the MAC address of the wireless bridge to the list of allowed MAC addresses on the network device.

Try to reset the network settings Xbox 360 to their default, then start again.
    1. To do this, follow these steps:
    2. Turn off your Xbox 360.
    3. Unplug the wireless adapter for Xbox 360 USB port on the back of the console.
    4. Turn on your Xbox 360.
    5. In the dashboard, select Network Settings, select Settings, then select Restore Defaults from the factory. This resets the network settings on their default settings. This does not affect any other settings console.
    6. Turn off your Xbox 360.
    7. Connect the wireless adapter for Xbox 360 in rear USB port.
    8. Turn on your Xbox 360.
    9. You should receive a message indicating that the NIC is found and you need to configure now. To do this, make sure that when you connect to the wireless network, you type the correct password.

Configure the wireless adapter as below:

1. Go in Xbox Dashboard, then open My Xbox and then click on System Configuration.
    2. Select Network Settings, configure the network.
    3. Under Basic Settings, select the tab wireless setup.
    4. Select wireless network name (SSID). If your router is not broadcasting its network name, select Specify included in the network list and enter the name.
    5. If the network, ask's for wireless security, enter your WEP or WPA code.
    6. Try to connect to Xbox Live again.