Thread: Sidebar.exe unknown in windows 7

Sidebar.exe unknown in windows 7

Hello. I have desktop machine with Windows 7 installed as the operating system in it. The problem is generally with the sidebar. I came across a option called as sidebar.exe. But I am not able to view it under msconfig menu. It shows as unknown. Why is it so? Is it a virus? I am afraid that its a virus and may affect the system in future. Please help me out. Thank you.

Re: Sidebar.exe unknown in windows 7

You do not need to worry for the sidebar.exe option as it is not a virus. It is something that is related to the gadgets. So you should not worry or concern for the virus issue with it. It may be that you may have disabled the option from the group policy. If you have not done it then apply the same. This would not let you to view the problem again. Check out and do the needy stuff.

The thing is that you are not able to view the sidebar.exe in msconfig option as it may ot be linked properly. You may navigate it through by locating C:\Program Files\Windows Sidebar folder. It should be visible but if still not then look out for any third party installation that may be causing the problem. Basically it is available in the folder that is been to navigate accordingly.

It is not that you are not able to view the sidebar.exe in the mscofig option. This is because it results that the name may not be same as sidebar. You need to get access or look into the option windows taskmanager. Click on the process tab and then you may get to the option as sidebar.ex. Now in msconfig option its is basically referred some other name. So check out completely and then you may get to the conclusion very well.

You can follow the steps in order to check out for the name that is been referred in msconfig option. The steps are as follows:

* Go to the start menu and click it.
    * Then click on the run menu.
    * Type msconfig.
    * Hit enter.
    * Now go to the startup tab and check out for the operating system option. You would get the name for the same.

You can use the Windows utility disc in order to make the things to work properly. You need to perform the repair system wizard. Insert the disc into the drive and then let the disc to boot and start up the setup wizard. This would then let the system to load the files and then it would ask to fix up the issue . Click on the same. It would fix yup the problem if exists.