Thread: Adjusting the internet settings for security

Adjusting the internet settings for security

I have seen some settings in the security section of Internet Explorer. The problem is I am not able to understand the features and other supports in that. What is the most recommended settings for me if I am using it on a single PC. I have a online internet antivirus also. How can I adjust the internet settings for security.

Re: Adjusting the internet settings for security

The other settings in the file specify various sanctuary settings. You can adjust them from Internet Options. To configure sanctuary settings you does not have to do much. There are four default settings available. Local Intranet - Medium-Low, Trusted sites - Low, Restricted sites - High and Internet - Medium.

You can revolutionize the setting by affecting the slider under sanctuary level for this zone. If you don't see a slider then there are routine settings active. To make it re-appear click on evasion level. Also note that settings applied to only trusted sites are additional compassionate than the ones applied to the Local Intranet! So, don't put sites in Trusted sites unless you trust them more than the machines on your own intranet!

For adjusting the internet settings for security. You have to revolutionize the settings for a preferred zone, select the routine level and fill in your preferences in the dialog box that shows up. There are momentous differences between Internet Explorer 5 and Internet Explorer 6. Settings for cookies have been detached. Internet Explorer 6 has a new tab (Privacy) where you can adjust your settings for cookies.

Also, some of the settings for sanctuary have been tightened. The majority of settings are retained, but Java and scripting have been disabled in the constrained sites, in spite of the preceding settings. ActiveX sanctuary settings are very preventive by failure to pay because of the power of the controls.

Fundamentally it is not compulsory that you must remain everything on non payment. Your internet sanctuary looks for the inward bound. The antivirus scans the inward bound messages and extrovert messages. So if you want you can get a better online security like Norton to get a better security.