Thread: How to remove Trojan.Dropper/Gen-NV ?

How to remove Trojan.Dropper/Gen-NV ?

Hi,

My windows 7 pc is infected with a virus called Trojan.Dropper/Gen-NV. I have a trial copy kaspersky antivirus installed on my pc. Every time it gives me a popup that my pc is infected with the Trojan.Dropper/Gen-NV virus but I am not able to delete it. It tells me to purchase the full version of of kaspersky ??? Can any one tell me how to remove Trojan.Dropper/Gen-NV virussafely ?

Re: How to remove Trojan.Dropper/Gen-NV ?

Try free Kaspersky online scan, do this:
    - Youhave to use IE
    - Selected Kaspersky Online Scanner
    - In the popup that appears, choose Accept
    - Then it updates the virus definitions
    - It may ask you to accept an ActiveX, accepts, once the update is finished
    - Click Next
    - Then click on My Computer
    - Waiting for the scan is done

Try Sophos Anti-Virus to remove Trojan.Dropper/Gen-NV, it is an application that detects and removes polymorphic viruses. It can detect and disinfect macro viruses, those located in the boot sector and that are transmitted through executable. Provides the ability to be installed on a network using a script that runs when identified as users of the network. Another advantage is that it can maintain a computer network update automatically. If you decide to use this or any other antivirus remember to keep it updated is vital to prevent new viruses from sneaking into your PC.

Well, I use Norton antivirus from many years. It is a very interesting free tool to scan your PC, find out if you have any viruses or other undesirable and, if positive, eliminate them. Since it offers real time protection, Norton Security Scan becomes a utility to detect and remove problems that are already on your computer. A plus is that, for the same reason above, offers no incompatibilities with other antivirus (perhaps with some yes, but not detected) so that can be used as "booster" to your current antivirus.

To stop manually Trojan.Dropper/Gen-NV virus. You press CTRL-ALT-DEL and look for unwanted element between processors, and the process is chosen with the mouse and marked END PROCESS TREE or End Process. Here is everything that is running at any given time, we can safely delete all, what happens is that everything that we remove remove a program from memory, no problem: when you restart the computer returns. Those who can not be removed are usually SYSTEM: svchost.exe, winlogon.exe, services.exe, System, System Idle Process, explorer.exe and some similar to it.

Why don't you try McAfee AVERT Stinger ?? Stinger is a utility that can detect and disinfect specific viruses. This is not a virus in itself, but rather a tool for administrators or users to take care of infected systems. Its low weight and the fact that the application requires no installation Stinger allows you to easily track when you travel. Stinger employment detection engine of a new generation of optimizing the overall performance of the process.