Thread: Problem in Files sharing in Network?

Problem in Files sharing in Network?

Hello,
    I having problem in my laptop and my home network computers, I use Lenovo laptop with windows Vista operating system, I want to access another Computer's Disk Drives from my Laptop. Also I want to share the documents in my home network. I have wireless network using this I connect my laptop to my other home network computers.

Re: Problem in Files sharing in Network?

I tell you how to setup network between two computers
    Computer A:
    • Connect your both system to switch using Ethernet cable to the LAN (RJ45) ports
    • Use this setting for your first computer.
    • Open My Computer  Properties  Computer Name (Change and set “A” and Workgroup name to “ABC”).
    • Stat  Control Panel Network Connections.
    • Right click on your LAN connection  open Properties.
    • Open Internet Protocol (TCP/IP)  open Properties.
    • Enter these values:
    IP Address - 192.168.0.1
    Subnet Mask - 255.255.255.0
    • Save all the setting

Computer B:
    • Open My Computer  Properties  Computer Name (Change and set “B” and Workgroup name to “ABC”)
    • Save all the Setting.
    • Stat  Control Panel Network Connections.
    • Right click on your LAN connection  open Properties.
    • Open Internet Protocol (TCP/IP)  open Properties.
    • Enter these values:
    IP Address - 192.168.0.2
    Subnet Mask - 255.255.255.0
    • Save all the setting
    The restarts both the system and open Computer A’s Network Place and click On View Work Group Computer here you get Computer B in network.

Use following steps for shared the files in a network.
    There is no problem to share any specific folders on the drive are up for sharing. You can also protect this files by giving password protection, or also you can make this files read only, this is for giving security to your share files in network.
    • Open Control Panel form start menu.
    • Choose either Network Center in Vista operating System or Network Connections in Windows XP.
    • In Windows Vista  Click on Computer icon in the Network window and see there are any files, folders or any drive in sharing.
    • Double-click to open for any files, folders or any drive in sharing.
    • After that you can able to all the files and drives.

Your problem is you not able Access another Computer's Disk Drives from Your Laptop and also you not able share any files or documents in network. I tell you the solution for that, you have to use your Lenovo laptop as a server because it will give you better performance. If your all the computers are in network then you can share all the files or share the drives of any computer which is in your network, for that you have to right click on any drive which you want to share in network then select Sharing tab and select Network Sharing and Security option. Then this folder or drive you can see in the network here you give the security to your folder or file by giving the password.

I thing whichever files you see in sharing, this files or drives are not in your laptop hard drive this is in network, if some files are password protected on the network then you can’t able to open without password, or also this files are write protected then you can’t make any changes in this file this is only read only file. You also can not able Delete or Rename this file. If suppose any files are not able to see in network that time some network issues occur or sometimes this network connection goes down or the other computer disconnects from the network. Then only you can’t open or access this file.