Thread: How to delete W32.Sober.G@mm from my computer?

How to delete W32.Sober.G@mm from my computer?

From last week my antivirus is giving me an alert message that W32.Sober.G@mm is detected on my computer. I am trying to delete this W32.Sober.G@mm virus from my computer system, but it comes back every time I start my computer system. My operating system is windows 7 and I am using AVG scan free antivirus. Can anybody help me with this problem of W32.Sober.G@mm virus?

Re: How to delete W32.Sober.G@mm from my computer?

To delete this virus from your computer I will suggest you to download avast antivirus software for the below link.
    Download avast
    http://www.techarena.in/download/ant...me-edition.htm
    Download updates for avast
    http://www.techarena.in/download/upd...efinitions.htm
    I am not facing the same virus problem but I am a regular user of this antivirus, and I am fully satisfied with this antivirus. The feature which I like about this antivirus is that you do not have to update this antivirus software but it updates automatically.

Re: Update your antivirus software

If your current antivirus is detecting the worm W32.Sober.G@mm on your computer, then it must be able to delete this worm from your computer. I think the problem is with your antivirus software. You must upgrade your antivirus software and then try to delete this virus from your computer. I am sure this will solve your problem.

Sober.G is a mass mailing worm uses e-mail addresses collected from the system to distribute infected mails. The worm uses its own SMTP engine to spread. The worm is written in visual basic and compressed with UPX. When the infected e-mail attachment is executed, it displays the message box "Special -UnZip Data- Module is missing
    Open with Notepad?" and copies itself to Windows system folder with random exe file name. It also drops bcegfds.lll, zhcarxxi.vvx, and cvqaikxt.apk. Then it modifies the registry to load automatically on next startup. The registry key modification is given below.
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

Thank you for the reply I have downloaded the antivirus from the above download link and also downloaded the updates. I have installed this antivirus on my personal computer by following the instruction given in installation wizard. Now my personal computer is free from viruses, worms and Trojans. I also want to know the guide lines for safe computing. I do not want face the same situation once again.

Re: Preventive measures for safe computing

You must follow some preventive measures to avoid the problems like viruses, worms, and trojans
    • First of all ensure that you have the latest version of antivirus software installed in your computer system.
    • Update your operating system and all the application software you are using.
    • Always use the latest version of browser for surfing internet.
    • Always enable your firewall setting.
    • If you get an email from the unknown user which have files attached to it then do not download this files, because it may contain worms which can infect your computer system.
    • Scan all the removable media like USB, flash drive, external hard drive or cd before you open it.