Thread: How to remove W32/Zbot!tr from the system

How to remove W32/Zbot!tr from the system

My system has been infected with W32/Zbot!tr and it is showing some problems like I cannot see the hidden files and folders in my system. So, basically the SHOW HIDDEN FILES AND FOLDERS option is not working. Sometimes I cant see this option only. I guess this is occurring because of the infection in my system. I do not know how to remove this particular infection. Please give me some suggestions on how to remove W32/Zbot!tr from the system.

Use AVG antivirus

Use AVG antivirus to remove W32/Zbot!tr from the system. Since, W32/Zbot!tr is a trojan horse, the AVG antivirus is the best recommended security component that can be used against such infections. Additionally, the AVG antivirus can remove all types of infections like virus as well as worms. After installing the antivirus, run a full system scan of all the hard drives and flash drives in the system. after that, remove all the unhealed infections. This may probably solve your problem.

Search and delete fusi.exe

I suggest you to search and delete fusi.exe to remove W32/Zbot!tr from the system. W32/Zbot!tr installs in the system with the name fusi.exe. So, open MY COMPUTER and press CTRL+F. There, type the name of the above file and search for the file on the whole system. Locate the file on the disk and permanently delete all the files from all the original locations. This is the known as the manual deletion of W32/Zbot!tr.

Use Quick Heal antivirus

I suggest you to use Quick Heal antivirus inorder to remove W32/Zbot!tr from the system. This antivirus provides the feature of boot scan. Boot scan is actually a scan that takes place before Windows startup. So, when the scan takes place, the infections are not able to execute and thus, they remain inactive. So, it is vary easy to eradicate the infections at this time. This is an assured method to remove the infections from the system.

Enable a system restore

Enable a system restore to remove W32/Zbot!tr from the system. First, go into safe mode and then, do the system restore. You will have to restore the system to a time when you are sure that the infections may not have entered into the system. This is a simple technique used when the infections cannot be removed from the system by using any methods. Note that all the applications that you have installed during this time will be automatically removed during the restore.

Use a anti-spyware

I advice you to use a anti-spyware, since anti-spywares stay in the background and check for all the malicious programs that are running in the system. They are different from the normal antivirus. Spyware Doctor is a recommended anti-spyware. Install it in your system and you will be able to remove all the malicious contents from the system. I use the same in my system and proved very useful to me to avoid many types of infections.