Thread: Methods used by attackers to gain access into the system

Methods used by attackers to gain access into the system

Hello friends, I am using Windows Vista Home Premium and my browser is Internet Explorer 8. As I am a new user of the computer as well as the internet, I need to know the methods used by attackers to gain access into the system. What is the best antivirus that i can use if any infection ever enter into the system. Kindly help me with all kind of suggestions as soon as possible.

Infections are embedded along with the pirated softwares

One of the methods used by attackers to gain access into the system is that infections are embedded along with the pirated softwares. Many users search for the pirated softwares on the internet. The attackers know that the many users will fall prey to such an attack. Thus, when the pirated software will be downloaded, the users will be actually downloading the infections into the system. The infections help the attackers by providing information from the infected system.

Beware from social engineering attacks

Beware from social engineering attacks, since this is a method used by attackers to gain access into the system. In this attack, the attackers generally pose as a friend and tell you to accept some file transfers. They may even pose as the administrator of any official site and ask you to give your ID and passwords for some resetting purpose. You just have to be aware and decline such attacks. It can only be avoided if you are in your senses and you are aware of the importance of the information that you are having.

Always use a firewall

Whatever may be the methods used by attackers to gain access into the system, I suggest you to always use a firewall. They do allow the infections to enter into the system and thus, avoid unauthorized access of the attackers into the system. The firewalls actually act as the entry pont for the system. They check for each and every information that come into the system. As soon as a malicious or suspecting content is found by the firewall, it just rejects it, thus protecting the security of the system.

Use Avast antivirus

You can use Avast antivirus if the methods used by attackers to gain access into the system ever succeed. The infections that they send into the system actually allow unauthorized access for the attackers to enter into the system. This infection can be removed by the boot scan method that is available with the Avast antivirus. The boot scanning takes place before the operating system loads into the system. So, the infections remain inactive because of which it is very easy for the infections to get rid of all the infections from the system.

Use strong passwords for the Windows user accounts

The methods used by attackers to gain access into the system can only be eradicated by the use of strong passwords for the Windows user accounts. Always use the combination of alphabets, numbers and symbols. Such a password is very difficult to break. So, when he tries to enter the system, he will become tidy by trying to break the password that you have set for your user account. The attacker generally fails to gain entry into the system that is too secure with a strong password.