Thread: Using F-Secure Blacklight for Malware Removal

Using F-Secure Blacklight for Malware Removal

Hi,
    I need some steps to detect and remove malwares and rootkits. I got regular infection warning in my computer. I think my antivirus application is not so strong enough to cope with them. A friend of mine has adviced me to use F-Secure Blacklight. As per him it is really powerful. But I don't know to use the same. How to use this application for malware removal. Thanks.

Re: Using F-Secure Blacklight for Malware Removal

Rootkits are scary and becoming a larger and larger menace to our computers every day. In the past if our computers were infected with a piece of malware, we simply removed it and we were clean of the infection. Now that rootkits are commonly bundled with other malware, this cleaning process has become even harder to do. It is not so difficult to use the application. Just download the same and run it.

You can use Blacklight to remove rootkits from your computer is easy. It is nice and handy tool. I had scanned many times and got great results. First download the application and installing. Then run the program. You can see a Begin scan button. Click on it and leave it. The application will detect and removes the threats from your computer.

F-Secure BlackLight detects hidden objects and potentially harmful to your system and lets you remove them. These programs are called rootkit. The application checks your system to a very low level and can not be interrupted by another malware. It is a free application just run it. There is not big deal in using the same. I will also recommend you to clear your registry also by registry scanner.

To start F-Secure double-click the file blbeta.exe. This is the file which you have downloaded. A window opens, you must accept the license to use the software for it, check I accept the agreement. Click the Next button to proceed to next step. Then Click the Scan button in the bottom right to start the scan. When the scan is complete, you then get the number of rootkit detected in the window below, a rootkit was detected. The button Show all processes (including rootkit) can list the processes on the computer and their PID. You can get additional information for each process by double-clicking it.

During the scan, F-Secure BlackLight created a log file in the directory where the file blbeta.exe. If you run from the desktop, the log file located on your desktop. The file is named FSBL-<date>. Log. You can then open the log file from Notepad for example by copying its contents to a forum to get help in case of infection. This will help you to determine the series of infections in your pc.