Thread: Infected by Trojan Horse: BackDoor-EJY

Infected by Trojan Horse: BackDoor-EJY

I am using desktop computer at home with configuration: Intel Pentium Dual Core, 6GB RAM, 256GB HDD, Windows XP, 16X DVD-RW Drive, Intel GMA X4500HD. I use internet everyday for downloading, surfing and business purpose. There was McAfee antivrus with 3months subscription, but now expired. Recently i got trojan horse alert i.e BackDoor-EJY is detected. How to remove it?? Please help me to fix this problem.

Re: Infected by Trojan Horse: BackDoor-EJY

The threat found on your desktop is a type of trojan horse. The Trojan horse attacks is consider as one of the most serious/critical threats to computer security. If you get infected by trojan horse, then you may be also attacking others unknowingly. This why it is most dangerous. The trojan(BackDoor-EJY) you found is of lower risk category. This trojan provides remote access capabilities to an attacker by opening a backdoor on the compromised machine.Install a licensed version of McAfee and this trojan will be removed.

According to me, the trojan(BackDoor-EJY) does not self-replicate itself. It spreads manually, often under the premises of the executable, which is something beneficial. This trojan may also be enters as a result of poor/lack security practices, or un-patched machines and vulnerable systems. Distribution channels include IRC, P2P networks, e-mail, etc are methods/medium through which they enter. In order, to keep away from trojans always keep licensed and updated version of antivirus.

This trojan horse is very harmful and makes the computer lot slower. The general defaults for typical path variables. (Although they may differ, these examples are common.):
    %WinDir% = \WINDOWS (Windows 9x/ME/XP/Vista), \WINNT (Windows NT/2000)
    %SystemDir% = \WINDOWS\SYSTEM (Windows 98/ME), \WINDOWS\SYSTEM32 (Windows XP/Vista), \WINNT\SYSTEM32 (Windows NT/2000)
    %ProgramFiles% = \Program Files
    The file name of the trojan hore is "dl[1].exe". And it is of 299,532 bytes. Install Licensed and updated version of McAfee and remove it.

This trojan horse( BackDoor-EJY) is high risk. The symptoms of this detection are the files, registry, and network communication referenced in the characteristics.(i.e file namme: dl[1].exe, Length: 299,532 bytes, CRC: D053BBE0, MD5: 83b243a2f80a159e33758880db5f147c and McAfee Artemis: Artemis!83b243a2f80a). It also changes many system files and make them corrupted. To remove this trojan firstly uninstall the expired version and install licensed version of AVG antivirus it will surely will this trojan.