Thread: How to remove Gen:Trojan.Heur.GM.1044800800

How to remove Gen:Trojan.Heur.GM.1044800800

My system has been infected with Gen:Trojan.Heur.GM.1044800800 and I came to know about it from the Kaspersky antivirus that I have installed in my system. I tried detecting it from the antivirus interface and it deletes also. But, after sometime I get the same alert of the infection in my system. So, basically I need to know how to remove Gen:Trojan.Heur.GM.1044800800 from the system. I have lost access to the hidden files and folders of my system and one of my drives is not opening as it is giving me the message that Access is Denied when I double-click on the hard drive. Please help me with any solutions. I am using Windows XP SP3 and my browser is Opera 10.

Gen:Trojan.Heur.GM.1044800800 locks the drives of the system

Gen:Trojan.Heur.GM.1044800800 locks the drives of the system and you cannot open the drive even from the address bar too. I had a similar experience of this particular infection in my system and it had locked 3 drives in my system and I had to format those drives to get the drives open to me. But after sometime the drives again got locked. So, I had to first format the system to remove Gen:Trojan.Heur.GM.1044800800 and then, format the other drives because of which the infection was completely eradicated from the system. I guess you will have to perform the same operation to get rid of the infection from the system.

Gen:Trojan.Heur.GM.1044800800 is a trojan horse

Gen:Trojan.Heur.GM.1044800800 is a trojan horse and I guess Kaspersky antivirus is not that capable of removing such infections from the system. I suggest you to use AVG antivirus that is a good protection against trojan horse infections. After you have installed the antivirus, run a full system scan and remove Gen:Trojan.Heur.GM.1044800800 that are detected during the scan. Always remember to keep the antivirus database updated, so that the signatures of the future infections are added into the database because of which the antivirus will be able to detect them and remove them from the system.

Spyware Doctor gets rid of trojans

I recommend you to use Spyware Doctor that gets rid of trojans. This security component is also called as an anti-malware that remains in the background and checks for the malicious activities that are going on within the system because of which the infections cannot remain hidden them. Normal antivirus are not able to perform such tasks. This is the best technique that you can use to remove Gen:Trojan.Heur.GM.1044800800 and hopefully your problems will be solved. I can assure you this because I use the same in my system to keep it safe from infections that keep entering from the internet.

Use boot scan for all types of infections

Use boot scan for all types of infections and I am sure that it will also be able to remove Gen:Trojan.Heur.GM.1044800800 successfully from the system. You can enable boot scan by installing Avast antivirus and the scan will start automatically as soon as the computer is rebooted after the installation. This method is confirmed to remove infections because during the scan the infections cannot execute as the scan is performed before the startup of the operating operating system. So, the infections remain inactive. I use the same in my system and it have successfully protected my system from all types of infections including trojans, worms and other virus.

Always use a firewall

To remove Gen:Trojan.Heur.GM.1044800800, I guess that you will have to use some good antivirus in your system, but to keep such infections from entering the system, always use a firewall. This is how you can enable the firewall in your system:
    1. Go to start.
    2. Then, click on Control Panel.
    3. After that, go to Network and Internet Connections. suppose that you are not able to see this option, then click on Switch to Category View.
    4. Then, go to Change Windows Firewall Settings.
    5. There select ON.
    6. Then, click OK.