Thread: Utorrent Seeds Problem

Utorrent Seeds Problem

I had been running Windows Xp on my machine. From last few months i had been using Utorrent program to download movies from the internet. I have more than 1000 potential seeds on most torrents i am getting, but now the problem is that i am not able to get connected on any one. So, can any one tell me what might be the problem? Is it Utorrent seeds problem? Any one has any idea about it? Kindly help me out to resolve the above issue. Thanks.

Re: Utorrent Seeds Problem

If you do not enough seeds, then you will not get good speeds. It is essential that you get large number of seeds to your torrent. Utorrent being an ultimate torrent client gives the best to download anything and of any size.There are lot of utorrent tweaks and settings for both xp and vista which can make download faster,increase utorrent download speed and you can make most of your bandwidth. It is possible that some old stuff will have less number of seeds. You cannot do anything about it - you just have to hope. As a rule of the thumb new/popular downloads will have plenty of seeds.

Have you tested seeding with your firewall off? If it works, then it means something's not right in the Sygate configuration. If it is anything like any other p2p application (if I am understanding your problem), the peers set the upload speed, and has nothing to do with you at all. If it is really a program that you need, then you will just have to wait for it. It may be setup properly for Azureus, but not for BitComet or uTorrent.

Might be a network issue. Is your uTorrent port forwarded through your software firewall and (if you have one) router? Ensure you have you have static port for uTorrent. If this confuses you don’t worry. I will explain. Go Options--> Preferences--> Connection. Now do you see the first part where it says “port used for incoming connection”? Under it is the check box “randomize port each time uTorrent stats”. Uncheck it and the uPnP box.

If you are using routers, set it up to forward the ports on using in utorrent. Turned the hardware firewall in my router off for a bit, and I could connect to seeds and peers fine. You might want to check out this guide on setting uTorrent up properly for best speed. uTorrent have protocol encryption which makes detection and limiting by ISP’s harder. You can check to find the correct port using the options--> speedguide. Enter a port number and check it. It will open up a new web page which can tell if the port is open or not.

There are some programs that claim to optimize speed in µTorrent.Such programs are a scam and generally contain adware or spyware. uTorrent has a web interface called as Web UI. It sounds like you are indeed behind a network router. You need to open up some ports to get more peers, which may get you faster download speeds. This allows you to control uTorrent remotely through a browser. You can do pretty much the same things you can do with the program on your computer.To enable WebUI, go to options --> Preferences --> Advanced --> Web.