Thread: Infected by FakeAlert-DefenceLab malware

Infected by FakeAlert-DefenceLab malware

I have desktop computer at my home with configuration: Intel Core 2 Duo E4500 2.2GHz FSB800 2MB L2, Asus P5K PRO, Giga Byte Radeon HD3850, 256MB, 256bit, HDTV, 512GB HDD, 2Gb RAM, Windows XP Home Edition. I am using this configuration from last 2years with no problems, but from last month started using the Internet (using for surfing, downloading, etc) and came across a malware think so named "FakeAlert-DefenceLab". Please suggest me how to overcome it? Is this malware very harmful?

Re: Infected by FakeAlert-DefenceLab malware

Firstly would like to give the overview of FakeAlert-DefenceLab malware. Once if FakeAlert-DefenceLab gets executed in your system, it will do a fake scan on you machine and creates fake messages of infection. It emphasis the users or a person to get a registered copy of their product to remove the infections. This is what i know, so don't worry just delete the file infected due to do this malware. Everything will be fine.

FakeAlert-DefenceLab is a Low-Profiled Threat Notice. This malware (FakeAlert-DefenceLab ) is consider as trojan. The FakeAlert-DefenceLab Trojan introduce/makes a fake scan of a system and creates fake messages reporting infections. This trojan emphasis victims to buy a licensed copy of the product to remove the infections. Unsuspecting users/people may respond to these scare tactics usually. So don't get upset and install any McAfee or AVG or NOD32 antivirus and try to remove it. Hope you can fix the problem.
    Last edited by Spyrus; 02-01-2010 at 10:59 AM.

My knowledge about threats says that FakeAlert-DefenceLab is a fake anti spyware product which on getting execution displays the EULA i.e If the user accept the EULA, the program display the scanning options: Which start a fake scan of files on the Windows directory and when it finishes, the program will prompt to install the licensed/register version of the software in order to delete/clean the reported threats. Just be clam and install McAfee which will remove this threat successfully.

The FakeAlert-DefenceLab is one of the trojan type. This trojans does not self-replicate. They are suppose to spread manually(by user actions), often under the premise that the executable is somehow get benefited. This trojan are distributed through spam emails, IRC, P2P networks, etc. This trojan program can also be downloaded from the author's website or downloaded by other threats infecting the system. Remove this threat by installing AVG antivirus. Hope you solve the problem.
    Last edited by Zachary; 02-01-2010 at 11:15 AM.

I think you have install Defence Lab antispyware software on your system which is causing this problem. DefenceLab is a rogue antispyware software that use very bad tricks to infect desktop computer's and scam people. So, if DefenceLab is installed on your computer, please remove it immediately. And you should be watchful when uninstalling the DefenceLab, may be wary of anything that looks like it's from Microsoft. So be careful and remove it. After doing this, you must be able to fix the problem.