Thread: How to remove virus songs.exe, picture.exe

How to remove virus songs.exe, picture.exe

Hi all,

Recently i plug a Flash drive of my friend to my PC for copy a music and picture file. But what i found that there is two files name songs.exe, picture.exe are generate in my PC. Then i delete the file but getting message access is denied. Can any body have any idea about this. Please help. Thanks in advance. I a using windows Xp in my PC.

This is a virus that will come from your friend Flash drive, First you need to turn off the system restore and boot your system with safe mode ,then try to delete these two file songs.exe, picture.exe from your system. May be this process will resolve your issue, If you found any issue please reply. Thanks.

You need to reboot the system and try to open in safe mode, then go to your control panel > Add/Remove Programs and remove any programs referencing “W32/SillyFDC,” “Worm.IM.Sohanad” or “Picture.exe". Then run Task Manager of your system and kill the process relating to these exe like Picture.exe or music.exe. Just try these steps and reply.

Your system will be infected by a shell virus, You need to install and run any anti virus program like AVG and avast for that, It is free to download and install in your system. Just scan it and remove the file songs.exe, picture.exe form there. If you have any confusion please reply.

You need to run the registry edit by regedt32 from run command and deleted following key:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\srskl\Security\”Security” = “[BINARY DATA]”
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\srskl\”Type” = “1″
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\srskl\”Start” = “3″
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\srskl\”ImagePath” = “%Windir%\Fonts\srskl.fon”
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\srskl\”ErrorControl” = “0″
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\srskl\”DisplayName” = “srskl”
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\DogKiller\Security\”Security” = “[BINARY DATA]”
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\DogKiller\”Type” = “1″
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\DogKiller\”Start” = “3″
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\DogKiller\”ImagePath” = “%Temp%\~dwphx.tmp”
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\DogKiller\”ErrorControl” = “0″
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\DogKiller\”DisplayName” = “DogKiller”

and restart the system.

Your PC is infected by a virus. If you need to urgent help without anti virus, Just type msconfig in the Run box and remove checkmarks to Picture.exe and music.exe entries from startup tabs. Then restart the system and then search songs.exe, picture.exe from your drive and delete them, the virus should have gone after this step. Reply if you found any issue.