Thread: Error Code 499: Unrecognized Network Error

Error Code 499: Unrecognized Network Error

I have a desktop computer at my place and configuration is Intel Q9550@3.4GHz, TRUE-120 (Lapped), Asus P5Q Deluxe, Corsair 4x2GB Dominator, EVGA GTX260 c216 SC, 2x WD Velociraptor 150GB, WD Blue 640GB, Windows XP. I use internet on daily basis and download many things from various websites. Use McAfee 6odays trial antivirus. Recently i came across an error named 'error 499: Unrecognized Network Error '. Please tell how overcome this error problem.

Re: Error Code 499: Unrecognized Network Error

I think this is a networking error, this error has many sub error forms. And this you have mentioned is not complete error message, something is missing at end think so. I can tell you some of its reason of occurring. The 499: WIL Extender Error: Unrecognized network error -53 comes due to WIL extender is not able to find your network path and ensure that there is a \ on the end of your net path. And when that(\) is missing, you can get this type error.
    Last edited by Steve123; 31-12-2009 at 02:34 PM.

According to my knowledge error 499 is one of the system error codes. Usually it is been seen that error code from 0 to 499 are system error codes.These values are defined in the WinError.h header file. This error are returned by the GetLastError function when lot of functions fail. To see again the description text for the error in your application, use the FormatMessage function with the FORMAT_MESSAGE_FROM_SYSTEM flag. After doing this, may be you will bale to solve your problem.

I would like to tell you that there many error format under error code 499. One of the case i know is Error 499: Unrecognized Network Error 1240. This error comes when you are trying to execute the NetAddDrive command. This will only happen with NT 4.0 on new computers. Older system NT 4.0 continue to make connections with no problems. The 1240 tells that account is not authorized to login from some specific station. or sounds like a server configuration problem.

I have also came through same error recently. The was Error 499: Unrecognized network error 1245: Username=W95GetUser(@default)
    This error comes for following reasons:
    1] The error message comes when using NetGetUser. And also gets this same type error with the W95GetUser function.

2] This error maybe indicating that you are not currently logged in/on. For NetGetuser to work, the you to have completely logged into the system. With Win95, this is error comes due to a timing problem. WinBatch doesn't wait for the user to finish logging in. If you can manually log in OK but not with the script, it's probably a timing problem.
    Hope you solve the problem.

Please help also i am going through same error problem. I am receiving an error 499, unrecognized network error 1326 when the wntAddDrive command is executed/run. If the password is not right, it should not map the operation fail and have the program continue? or is the problem the use of the default share "c$"? if I am trying drop to a command prompt and give the command "net use L: \\[IP address]\C$ "pw" /user:administrator it does map the drive. Hope i can soon fix this problem