Thread: Disconnection in bridged network

Disconnection in bridged network

Hello,
    I have a recurring problem. I have a 2003 server with 2 network cards
    one lan one wan, map wan "213.xxx5" gateway "213.xxx3" dns "62.xx70", lan card "192.168.1.142" gateway "192.168.1.144" (LAN router) dns "192.168.1.141" (2003 dns server that it finds on the local network). The concern is that due to a twice daily map server pert WAN gateway there is a problem. When I did a ipconfig / all the gateway does not appear. So this person does not connect to server via desktop remote access, while the network continues to have local Internet (history say that it does not come from the router). Do you have any idea about this. Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by ISAIAH; 31-12-2009 at 11:49 AM.

Re: Disconnection in bridged network

HI
    This is strange indeed. You have made some tests? I suppose you revival just your network card to get the bridge?
    Your card could it not be a problem by my knowledge. More details will be appreciated, if you can provide them!

Hello
    Yes just do a repair on the card for connection to the footbridge that remade.
    I try not to change the network card, I say that if the network card were scientifically sound it would lose not only the gateway of computer but also a lot of problem will be created. This weekend I added a route on the server , I am not sure if it will work on Monday, someone keeps me interested when I install wire cutter shark to see what's happening at this moment, it is cut to wait that damn bridge jump right, we'll see what happens. Thank you for response.

Hello
    Configuring a network card, this level of definition, once performed is no reason to disappear. The repair function to clean windows is in fact an equivalent of ipconfig / renew all, and if the card is DHCP, it simply re-examines the DHCP. As your wireless card that 'loses its gateway', it means he is probably the signal. In short, the results might reflect this situation:
    It would break Fi (perhaps a standby => show config driver), then recovery. But during this recovery, for some reason I can not explain, DHCP does not reference the bridge. In the case of a DHCP configuration, the DHCP server that provided the address. Then there is the software part of managing networks without who will restore the connection 802.11x. On Windows, we usually choose to use the software provided by the manufacturer of network equipment or management network without Windows. Have you tried both?
    Also check if the driver for your network card could be updated. Finally, is it that this problem exists since the commissioning of the machine, or is it suddenly appeared?

Hi
    I could not give more details because the things implemented on the site are complicated. There is no wireless connection in my diagram is just a web server with two network cards that loses the gateway (WAN card) "or at least the lost". Yes I said that I create a route "destination dns and gateway router " I have changed the network card also the same opportunity but did not change. Since I set up this way He no longer loses the gateway or rather, no need to repair the card so that it reconnects. Conclusion from time to time the website is more accessible (1 time per day minimum) and sometimes even when there is nobody working on it . I think again the network architecture with a router in transparent mode behind router with lan for enterprise users and a DMZ for webserver with a rule to allow http type dmz to lan because the web server Inquiring databases that this is on a server and the lan. Do you think this will just solve my problem? if something escapes my schematic do not hesitate I'd do another.

Hello
    Do you have the option of adding a small machine that fetches an address 213.XYZ to see if it also loses this bridge? With software you do your very interesting patterns?