Thread: Trojan-Spy.Banker!sd6 detected in Windows XP

Trojan-Spy.Banker!sd6 detected in Windows XP

Trojan-Spy.Banker!sd6 has been detected in Windows XP by the Escan antivirus that I have been using for quite a long time. It was detected as soon as I clicked on a link at a particular website. The problem is that even after detecting the infection, the antivirus is not capable of deleting the infection. I cannot understand why this is happening. What does this infection do if it prevails in the system? I need suitable help immediately, please reply. The browser I am using is Mozilla Firefox.

Do not keep the infection prevailing in the system

If Trojan-Spy.Banker!sd6 has been detected in Windows XP and if the antivirus is not able to get rid of it, then I advise you to better format the system as it can steal the confidential data in your system that can prove more hazardous than anything. As the name seems, I guess it will be looking for any kind of financial information in your system like passwords for credit cards, ATMs, etc. That is why I am advising to format the system immediately as possible.

Enable a boot scan

If Trojan-Spy.Banker!sd6 has been detected in Windows XP, then I suggest you to enable a boot scan with the help of Quick Heal antivirus. All types of antiviruses do not have this feature of boot scanning. The specialty of this feature is that the infection is not able to execute during this scan as they do not remain active. This is so because the scan takes place before the operating system can start. Hopefully it will solve the problem.

Use a spyware against trojans

The Trojan-Spy.Banker!sd6 that has been detected in Windows XP is a Trojan horse, that is it looks legitimate from outside, but internally it is a very powerful and destructive code that can help the attacker gain access into the system. These malicious activities are not detected and deleted by the normal antivirus. But, spywares remain in the background and look out for such malicious activities going on within the system. Thus, they are able to easily eradicate such types of infections. Spywares are also called as anti-malwares. "SPYWARE DOCTOR" is a good spyware.

Use a safe mode scanning

I suggest you to use a safe mode scanning if Trojan-Spy.Banker!sd6 has been detected in Windows XP. In safe mode the infections are not able to execute and thus, they remain inactive. This is the best time an antivirus can use to remove it from the system. To go into a safe mode, you will have to select this particular option when you start the system. I guess your problem will be solved. I suggest you to use AVG antivirus to remove trojans like Trojan-Spy.Banker!sd6.

A system restore can resolve the problem

The Trojan-Spy.Banker!sd6 detected in Windows XP is not a big issue. According to me, a system restore can resolve the problem. You just have to remember the time when the infection was not entered into your system. Thus, doing a system restore will take your system to a time when the infection was not actually present, thus removing all the applications that were installed during this time. This will, in turn also remove all the infections installed on your system.