Thread: Using a P2P client in Leopard

Using a P2P client in Leopard

I need to setup a small file sharing service in my office to share some office documents. I don't to get an paid service for that. Instead of that a simple basic FTP server can do my work. I also need some information on using Bittorent on MAC PC. What are more recommended softwares available for MAC.

Re: Using a P2P client in Leopard

All protocols peer-to-peer networks are present on Mac applications if not many are actually there. On the PC, with the BitTorrent protocol, customers are the most popular Torrent, Azureus Vuze. Never mind, you stay in the standard, if that is your choice! Both programs are available for Mac, Azureus Vuze is present on all platforms and Mac Torrent although still in beta is functional. But know that the inevitable torrent files for transmission remains, currently in version 1.50 (encrypted connections, creating torrents, trackers HTTPS support, use minimum CPU, IPV6 support.

You have a diesel and you have a better slow download and complete the reverse. On the PC you use the free client eMule or that other equivalent close under GNU GPL, aMule. On a Mac, you will not lose your habits with Pidgin 2.2.3, which is multi-platform and available from Mac OS X 10.4.

Gnutella clients are very abundant and very admired with Mac. Examples include Limewire, Cabos, Purchase 2 or FrostWire. Like PC, the normal functions are supported (UPnP cryptographic hash SHA-1, iTunes integration, firewall to firewall transfers, UDP Host Cache for faster connections.

The good old FTP clients are still there and will still for long! In this category, Filezilla on the PC or Linux is unbeatable. On a Mac, you have to just take the lead in client version. Its advantages are no longer present with drag and drop, support for SSL and SSH, the pause / resume interrupted downloads ... You can also try their luck with Cyberduck graphically very successful, CuteFTP Pro or Transmit, a classic.

As we stated earlier, if you are using Mozilla Firefox Down Them All is needed as accelerator downloads with the promise of downloads up to 400% faster than conventional download managers included in browsers. For Safari and Opera, Speed Download also appropriate. Opera also accepts GetRight, Go! Zilla, NetAnts.