Thread: Fix a field on a LAN DNS

Fix a field on a LAN DNS

Hello
    I installed an apache web server / debian and a mail server on another machine Postfix-qpopper/debian. The server hosting the web site www.example.com using vhosts. MTA to my web server to send mail (via php form) to a mail cpte style (contact@example.com) on the server. My web server does not resolve the email address pusique nothing happens.
    Using any other external smtp server lan, everything is ok, so apparently no problem at server side.
    I thought I could reach it with an address like:
    usrmail@192.168.x.x example, but it does not work either.
    I have tried to resolve this pb including 192.168.0.x damin in / etc / hosts web server / apache, but to no avail. Is it possible to achieve this translation ip / domain without installing dns on my LAN? can you help me?

Re: Fix a field on a LAN DNS

Hi
    In my opinion, you must configure the dns. By my knowledge normally the / etc / hosts should be suffice by you. The DNS is a protocol to generalize the / etc / hosts for everyone. I hope you have tried the following
    Code:
    192.168.0.x www.example.com
    If not I think you should try it once.

Hi
    Thank you, I tried that but without success. Yet my MTA is up also tested on external resources. good, I dig, but it breaks my feet a little to install a new server (the 3rd ...) for so little. I thought I could solve my url via hosts files in Win and linux. By the way thanks for your help and if you know any thing more please do post back, so that I can solve the problem.

Hi
    No need for a new server for DNS. By cons, this is actually not normal. The trick is that your apache server sends the email on the domain.com example, then the DNS query must refer to it that it itself or something like that. Question: As you plaited the ports in your router as it takes for the type of requests arriving on the SMTP mail server?

Hi
    Yes, I have transferred the 25 sports and 110 of the router on the server. But since the mail is sent locally, it should not pass through the router. I briefed the hosts files on each machine with the domain pointing to the mail server. Thanks for your help.