Thread: Wireless Network problem on Windows Xp SP2

Wireless Network problem on Windows Xp SP2

I have IBM Thinkpad with an internal wireless network card, that can't not surf the internet once it is connected to my secure wireless network. I'm running Windows Xp SP2 on my laptop. I use a d-link kl-624 wireless router, a d-link cable modem, and a d-link wireless card. When the network in unsecured it works fine but, when it is secure it doesn't. Can any one tell me that why i'm facing Wireless Network problem on Windows Xp SP2? Any one knows about it? Kindly help me out to get rid of the above issue. Thanks.

Re: Wireless Network problem on Windows Xp SP2

To identify what's causing the problem, you should perform a communications test to see whether the access point is responding. Verify that the power cord is connected and that all the lights of the router and cable/DSL modem are on. Open a Command Prompt window on a PC that's on your wired network and ping your wireless access point’s IP address.

If you have a PCMCIA or USB wireless adapter try removing it and then re-inserting it while Windows is running so it will re-detect it. To correct this you will have to disable the WZC service and use another wireless management program, such as the one that comes with your wireless network adapter. It is important to make sure that you have installed the correct device driver for your wireless network adapter. Refer to the software help files or user manual for information on how to install and configure it. The lights on the adapter give an indication of whether there is a problem.

Update the PCMCIA wireless adapter software and drivers. Locate the updated software and drivers at the adapter's manufacturer Web site. Windows XP comes with a utility called Wireless Zero Configuration (WZC) that runs as a service and is intended to make connecting to an access point much easier, by continuously searching for access points in range. Some PCMCIA wireless network adapters have lights that indicate certain network behaviors. This behaviour may cause random disconnections on your wireless network.

For troubleshooting information specific to your router see the manufacturer's Web site or the documentation that was provided with the router. There are many types of wireless routers available today from various manufacturers. All you have to do is configure your firewall software to recognize your network as a trusted LAN. You should always keep the firewall enabled. A misconfigured firewall is a common cause of network problems, with many people forgetting to give ports and/or programs the access they need to communicate over the network.

In order to resolve your above issue, you need to check out the following link. Wireless networking equipment is fairly reliable, and the vast majority of problems are related to the network’s configuration rather than a hardware malfunction. Hope so it may resolve your above issue. Thanks.