Thread: Problems accessing the web server

Problems accessing the web server

Hello
    I have a problem to access my web server from inside the network with a public ip address, while from outside, I can access the network without problem. How to solve this problem? Do you guys have any idea about it. Thank you in advance.
    Last edited by Windowed; 22-12-2009 at 02:31 PM.

Re: Problems accessing the web server

Hi
    I think the details you have given are not complete, we will need some more details. There is a FW before your webserver? It is in a DMZ? You have access to this FW? If yes, give us what you return, the command to do this is
    Code:
    iptables-L
    Do the same on your web server (to check). Can you also paste the contents of your file apache2.conf (or httpd.conf) in the / etc.

Hello
    Code:
    There is a FW before your webserver? It is in a DMZ? You have access to this FW?
    There is not a FW before the router. It is not in the DMZ. I think I am not familiar with this concept, need more explanation. If would be better if any one would explain me in a better way.

Hello,
    From inside the network, this means that the web server is outside and you want to access from your LAN? Or it is already inside your LAN and you want to access from the same network through the public address. It is in your network and you want to access when you need to address private and nonpublic
    Conside this example
    Code:
    But as I did not quite understand what you want to do, I may be mistaken.

Hey
    From inside the network, this means that the web server is outside and you want to access from your LAN? Or it is already inside your LAN and you want to access from the same network through the public address.
    Guys I think you are not understanding my problem clearly. I want to access the server from my public ip address. Any advice on this or do you know how to do it. If any one have done this before then please do post back. Thanks in advance.

Hi,
    I think I spent too much time on a Samba problem and it is still not clear to me. Your server is on a 192.168 network ...., a machine that is on the same network by 192,168 ... and you want to access from the same machine, but using the public ip address. To me you can not, you should learn the private address in 192,168 ... if that makes you leave your network
    Solution:
    When you're outside the network and want to attack your server you put the public address, but if you're already inside the network then you attack with the private address in 192.168 ... I hope I have understood you.