Thread: Cannot connect dell and hp through WLAN

Cannot connect dell and hp through WLAN

I have a problem with my Wireless LAN connection. I am using a Dell Inspiron 15 laptop and have a HP Radiance 13.5 laptop which my brother uses it, and we were trying to connect our laptops through WLAN. But was not able to. We actually are trying to play Need For Speed Most Wanted through Multiplayer using WLAN but not able to. There is Windows XP intalled on both of this laptops. How should I tackle this problem. Please help me out.

Check WLAN Switch on your Laptop

First check if the Wireless Switch is ON for both of your Laptops. For Dell you can get the wireless switch ON by holding the Fn key and pressing the F2 key, this should switch ON your Wireless Card if it is OFF. And for the other HP laptop you will get the Wireless Switch on the Left hand side edge of the laptop, it's like a ON/OFF switch. This should solve your problem.

Check Wireless Settings in your Control Panel

You can also check the Wireless Settings in your control panel. For that first click on
    Start Menu > Settings > Control Panel
    Now search of icon named Network Connections. In that you should get Wireless Network Connections icon, check if it is enabled and if it is then right click on it and click on properties. Now in the properties window search for the tab named Wireless Networks, click on it. Now click on the button View Wireless Networks, and see if you are able to detect the other laptop.

Reinstall Need For Speed Most Wanted

You can also try to Uninstall and then reinstall NFS Most Wanted. Because it happens some times that because of a CD with many scratches on it some files are missed out while installing the game. Or it can also happen that some other Windows System file might create problems with the game because it interrupts when game is in progress. So to Uninstall first Click on Start Menu go to Settings then go to Control Panel then go to Add/Remove Programs now search for the game in that list and then click on Remove. This will uninstall the game and then u need to restart the laptop and then install the game again with the help of the NFS Most Wanted CD/DVD.