Thread: Wireless USB adapter not Working with Windows 7!?!

Wireless USB adapter not Working with Windows 7!?!

I was using my Linksys wireless USB adapter with an Operating System Windows XP. That time it was working perfectly. Now 2 days before I have changed my OS. I have installed the Windows 7. Since then I was unable to use the wireless driver. I have also installed the drivers of the wireless properly. It seems that it does not support this device. Because even after installing the drivers of Wireless, the adapter was still unspecified in the Devices list. Can anyone help me to sort out this issue..??
    Signatures reduce available bandwidth

Re: Wireless USB adapter not Working with Windows 7!?!

I would like to suggest you to check the drivers that you had installed was properly upgraded and was for Windows 7. If you have been working Wireless USB on Windows XP, then the device is absolutely fine. There should be some problem in your drivers. Check that you are connecting properly in 2.0 USB port. Mainly the problem is coming because of the drivers.

Maybe you are trying to install the drivers of Wireless without removing the previous drivers. Many times the previous driver does not get removed and hence there are some files that get restored in the system folder even after updating the drivers. So when the device is connected to the computer, it just read out the driver of the previous version rather than reading the latest version. So before installing the latest version try to remove the older version and then try to install the new version.

Even I think that you are not removing the older version before installing the new version. For removing the older version just follow the steps :

1. Right click on the "My Computer" icon placed on the desktop.
    2. Select the option Manage.
    3. After clicking on Manage, then click on Device Manager.
    4. At right side you will able to view the drivers of the hardware devices.
    5. Now select the Network Adapters option and you will find the drivers installed for Wireless.
    6. Just select that option only (selecting other option can cause instability to your system) and right click on that option and click uninstall.

By doing this you can uninstall the previous version and now you can install the latest version.

If you are having Internet, other mode like LAN or Dial-Up, then this is the best option for you..
    Connect your Wireless to the system and start the Internet. Go to the device manager and then click on unrecognized device which will be in yellow question mark. Click on that and select the option to install the Driver from the Internet. The OS will search for the require driver and install it in the System folder. Once the driver gets installed you can use your Wireless USB Adapter.