Thread: Junk/Bonk-A is a malicious software

Junk/Bonk-A is a malicious software

I downloaded a software from the web called as Junk/Bonk-A because I found the name exciting and thought that the software must have some interesting features. It was high time when I came to know that Junk/Bonk-A is a malicious software. After installing it my system showed some inconsiderable changes because of which many programs were not working properly. I need someone to help eradicating this infection. My computer has Windows XP Service Pack 2 operating system and my browser is IE8.

Re: Junk/Bonk-A is a malicious software

Yes indeed, Junk/Bonk-A is a malicious software. Is is designed to work as a thief in your system that steals private data from your system. It is generally programmed for Windows operating system. Once it enters your system, it tries to infect your network as well as goes to all the email contacts that are there on your email list. To avoid such infections, you have to avoid clicking on links that you do not feel as legitimate or genuine.

By the confusing name itself, you should have known that Junk/Bonk-A is a malicious software. Now, since you have already downloaded it and helped it to gain entry into the system, there is no use talking about that. I suggest you to start your system in safe mode and run a full scan of your hard drives as well as flash drives that have been connected to your system. Use a good antivirus like Norton for this purpose.

Junk/Bonk-A is a malicious software or rather it can be simply can be called as a malware. Such infections work as backdoors in the system that it has been infected and allow other infections and viruses to gain entry into the system. Thus, it ultimately makes your system too vulnerable to work on. As there may be infinite number of infections on your machine now, the only way to eradicate it is to format and install a fresh copy of the operating system that you are using.

As Junk/Bonk-A is a malicious software, it can be eradicated only with the help of spywares. This is because an antivirus cannot find out the malicious activities that are going on within the system. Spywares, on the other hand remain in the background of the system and makes note of all the activities. As soon as it detects some activity that is not genuine, it deletes the program that is running that particular process. SPYWARE DOCTOR is an example of such a spyware.

I recommend you to use the boot scan method of eradicating infections if you are sure that Junk/Bonk-A is a malicious software. This method is used to scan the system when the virus is not active. So, it is actually enabled before Windows startup. So, the virus cannot execute in such an environment. I generally use this technique for the removal of many types of infections from my system. Quick Heal antivirus can be used to start a boot scan in your system.
    Quick Heal Antivirus Plus 2009 10.0
    Last edited by Shen; 18-12-2009 at 01:45 AM.