Thread: How to Extend my Wireless Network?

How to Extend my Wireless Network?

I am using the D-Link DGL-4500 router. I want to increase my wireless coverage since I am moving that router to the Office. I want to make sure that my wireless coverage extends completely throughout the office. Also it will be better if I can do the Access Point to connect to my router wirelessly. There should be no hard cables in the house. So I prefer all my connections to be wireless. Please help to sort this issue.!
    3.2 (northwood)
    2gig ram
    ATI AIW X800xt 256mb
    Gigabyte GA-8knxp 875p Chipset
    Optiwrite 8X DVD Burner
    Win XP PRO Sp2 (Works Perfectly)
    2 SATA Raptor 74gig Raid 0
    2 7200 IDE 320gig HD

Re: How to Extend my Wireless Network?

If you are having the machine (laptop) much far from the Access Point, you can add the Hub. The funda is that is Wireless access extending wired network using access point and bridge. You can place the Hub between the bridge and the wired computer. So that they will able to share the wireless connection that the bridge provides. This is beneficial because you can add several additional computers to that hub. This is a simple way to extend a network when physical wiring isn't an option.

The Repeater can play an important role in such scenario. A lot of Wireless Access Point's can act as Repeaters. But when you configure this setup, the throughput will get halved. Also don't make any Wireless N access points that function as repeaters because your D-Link router will not support it.

You can also try a ranger booster. The range booster will help to increase your range. You can place the Access Point anywhere in the office. You can also add the another access point. If you use range booster and the another access point, it will be much better. The signal will be boosted right where you need it. In this way you can access the internet without any hard wire.

First relocate your router to the midpoint of your network so that it can give the best possible coverage. Then install range extender (use the same brand as your router). Otherwise installing the other extender will cause any error due to the conflict. This will help you to Extend your Wireless Network.