Thread: Linksys wireless routers Wep key issues under windows 7

Linksys wireless routers Wep key issues under windows 7

Hello. This problem is basically with the wep key of Linksys wireless router's adapter cannot be reset. This is because of my operating system I guess. Because it used to work properly when with windows xp but after I had upgraded the system with windows 7 it is unable to be reset. I just do not know the issue. Please help.

Re: Linksys wireless routers Wep key issues under windows 7

For making the wep key for the adapter to be reset you need to login to the router configuration page and the ethernet that is been plugged and check the settings for the same. You may need to set the ssid and passphrase settings for the configuration page. This basically to set the things with the operating system that you are using currently should cope up. Hope this should work out doe you.

You need to disable the wep key for your router in order to make the settings to reset by logging into the configurational setup page of the linksys router. This is to make the things work properly. It is been observed that as you upgrade your system the settings associated with the peripherals that is been linked to your system needs to be reset. So disable the settings for the router and then enable it again by login to the configuration page.

Well to make the routers settings to be reset you can do it by two ways. One by looging to the configuration page and other by poking the inner button of the router on the back panel of the router via pointed pen or needle. Holding it for 10seconds and then release. The default p address for the linksys router is 192.168.1.1. You can reset the wep key settings from here.

There are certain other procedures that can be followed as well. They are as follows:

a) You need to turn off temporarily the firewall of your system.
    b) The ssid and passphrase should be same for the routers configuration page.
    c) You also need to upgrade the network adapter driver of your system in order to make the hardware compatible to work with windows 7.
    d) the compatibility works and plays a vital role in this process.

So check out.

Download an application called as Netmon3.3 and install it to your system. Launch the application and in the Microsoft network monitor windows click on create a new capture tab. Now in the new tab select all the network adapters that is been mentioned in the select network window. Switch to network monitor and press f5 to start the application. Now access the wireless network. If this failed then go back to the netmon and stop the process by pressing F7. Now save the file test named by pressing CTRL+S.

It is not a router issue or a WEP issue. It is a Windows 7 64 bit issue or possibly just 64 bit.

I can get my Win7 laptop to recognize and accept my LInksys Cisco wifi router, but NOT mly iPHone 4. It keeps askiing me for password and won't accept any!!

I can get my Win7 laptop to recognize and accept my LInksys Cisco wifi router, but NOT mly iPHone 4. It keeps askiing me for password and won't accept any!!
    If you have CD that approaches with the router, you can endeavor to run the CD and setup the network. First make certain that your computer is able to access the Internet when connected unswervingly to the modem. If you are able to go on line with the modem that indicates your modem is working correctly. Now connect your main computer and the modem to the LInksys Cisco wifi router. For the preliminary setup, you will need to connect the computer to the router also. After the initial setup you can make it wireless. If the CD does not work then you can set up manually without the CD. For this you will need to access the router setup page. The setup page is the page where you can modify the settings of the network. You will discover all the settings on this page. According to the Internet service provider, you can amend the settings of the network.