Thread: How to eradicate W97M.Casc.A?

How to eradicate W97M.Casc.A?

On browsing the web a couple of days ago, I found a name of an infection called W97M.Casc.A. I like to collect information about infections because this helps me to keep my system free of infections and sometimes suggest others too to get rid of infections. I have heard about this virus for the first time so, I wanted to know how to eradicate W97M.Casc.A if it enters the system? What are the possible means it could use to enter the system?

Re: How to eradicate W97M.Casc.A?

The alert level for viruses like W97M.Casc.A is very severe or high. All antiviruses cannot detect this infection as it is a virus that has not spread much. So, the antiviruses do not have them included in their definitions. So, it is not easy to eradicate W97M.Casc.A as the antivirus will not alert about the infection. In order to prevent such viruses from entering the system, do not open attachments in EMAIL from unknown persons. Even do not click on any suspicious links.

The W97M.Casc.A is a very rare kind of virus. But, any infection cannot withstand the boot scan method. This method scans the system even before the operating system can load. So, the virus will not be able to execute during the scan, which means that it will not remain active. At such times the antivirus finds it easy to remove the infections. Antivirus like AVAST have this feature of boot scan built in with them.
    AVAST

Inorder to eradicate W97M.Casc.A from your system, you firstly need to start Windows in safe mode and run a full system scan of your hard drives as well as flash drives. For this, you can use a well updated antivirus like Kaspersky and it will eradicate it from the system. My system had been attacked by this infection and I had used the above method and it successfully removed the threat.

I do not know how to eradicate W97M.Casc.A because I have not heard about it before. I suppose it is a rare kind of virus, so many of the antivirus definitions may not have it. So, if it infects the system, it is hard to tell the places that it will infect because of which the eradication becomes tough. But, there is a method to clear the system of every infections and it is to format the system and install a fresh copy of operating system.

It is not that easy to eradicate W97M.Casc.A. Such type of infections may corrupt and change register registry settings and make many of the system programs as well as other applications unworkable. So, you have to recover the registry settings that have been changed by infection. For this, you can have to set your system to a previous time by doing a system restore.