Thread: How to avoid password theft.

How to avoid password theft.

I am just a new user to Internet. I have started to use social community sites like orkut, face book, twitter etc. Some body has said me that my password can theft from my social community sites. If it is possible then I am really worried about it. Can anyone can give solutions or measures for protecting my password from being theft. Any kind of related reply will be helpful.

Re: How to avoid password theft.

You can avoid password theft if you are using Firefox and Internet explorer. In Firefox others can steal your passwords you have set Firefox remember to remember in plain text. So to avoid this try to use this technique. Go to Firefox > Preferences and check the "Use a master password" check box. After doing this you have to set a master password for Firefox. Then next time you open the Firefox it will ask for the password. So if you leave your computer or whenever you’re traveling close the Firefox.

Re: Password manager for managing passwords

According to me Firefox is not a perfect security system for storing your passwords. If you want an even better solution. I will suggest you to use an external password manager such as Password Safe. Password Safe allows the users to manage old passwords and to easily and quickly generate, store, organize, retrieve, and use complex new passwords. Password Safe is good application for managing your passwords do not trust me on my words but use this application.

Re: Fingerprint authentication

I will suggest you to use fingerprint as the master password in order to protect your computer. Latest version of all the laptops available in the market has an inbuilt system for recognizing user by using finger print of user. But you have to deal with following drawbacks of finger print reorganization system. 1. Software is not available in the market for making the transfer of security system from one computer system to another computer system. 2. You cannot access the computer remotely. 3 It is an extra device you have to carry.

Re: Encrypt you password

If you are a new user then using password manager or using finger print authentication won’t help you. If I am right you will having a habit of writing password on the piece of paper but this is not a good practice. I will suggest that you do not write the password piece of paper. But if you are having problem in remembering the password then write it down but try encrypting it. Means that if your password abc123 then write like this 321bca or try any other encryption method.

Re: Protect your router from unwanted use.

Your router must be protected from unwanted use whether your router came with your service or purchased your own. Do not forget to change the password as per the instructions given in your router manual. It will be better if you use Wired Equivalent Privacy (WPA) encryption. If you don’t know what is Wired Equivalent Privacy (WPA) encryption then call the help line number for your router. Following these steps will increase you personal computer security to 99%. The next question you will be having why only 99% not the 100%? Answer to this question is that the security is always 99% because there measure to break any secure system.