Thread: Local web- access denied

Local web- access denied

Hello
    I want to access from internet to my web page hosted on my machine at home. To do this:
    I set up a dyndns account.
    - I have chosen the field something xxxxx.
    - I am forwarding on my router (TP-link) of all that http is local to the machine 192.168.1.2 on port 80.
    I have installed ddclient the client.
    Code:
    / etc / ddclient.conf
    Code:
     pid = / var / run / ddclient.pid
       protocol = dyndns
       user = web
       server = xxxxxx
       login =*****
       password =***
    Host gives me a public IP address. When I copy the address to put in the browser, I am not accessing my page. I note that local (with local ip address it works) I do not know at what level this is the problem. Any advice on this. Please help.

Re: Local web- access denied

Hello
    I have long had such problems with different * boxes of different ISPs that I crossed. I do not know if it applies to your router, but * the boxes in question was not accessible from LAN services routed directly via the public IP address of the router (and therefore as a corollary, it was impossible to access services via a simple DNS resolution, because the IP address was resolved public IP address ).
    If your router is concerned, two solutions:
    1) hard to specify in / etc / hosts FQDN resolution to the local IP address of the machine hosting the service (if services are running on several machines, it must be possible to go through the local IP address of the router and redirect) solution yuk especially if you have multiple PC clients.
    2) establish your own local DNS server and configure the local DNS zone corresponding to your domain to resolve the correct IP address. The DNS forwarder nicely all DNS queries not concerning your area.
    Hope this may help you.

Hi
    Thank you for your help.
    For the subdomain, this is what I do
    -in named.conf
    Code:
       zone "test.dyndns.org" (
               type = master
                file = "/ etc / bind / test.dyndns.org.zone"
       );
    -test.dyndns.org.zone
    Code:
        test.dyndns.org. IN NS server.test.dyndns.org.
        sserver.test.dyndns.org. IN A 192.168.1.2
       test.dyndns.org. IN MX 1 server.test.dyndns.org.
    Any help on this?

Hi
    The principle is as follows: for the people in your LAN, the box corresponding to your dyndns subdomain DNS server will be your own primary DNS server locally, the rest of humanity use the DNS servers of DynDNS to access your sub -domain. The local server forwarder all local queries not concerning your area to your ISP's DNS. Unfortunately I can not access my conf bind9 from where I am this afternoon, but tonight I can help you. At first glance it seems to lack the option of forward and reverse lookups, but these points are not totally blocked. Then what was a sub-domain with dyndns will become the home field. It should be a DNS record that allows to solve test.dyndns.org. to an IP address. On error, it seems that the service bind not listening on the server with IP address 192.168.1.2. Does the service bind runs without error? There is an option to validate the conf and the various areas. What is strange is that your client to look to change DNS on the fly.
    What happens if you override the system level on your client's DNS server used by your dhcp (for that comment all the entries with a # in / etc / resolv.conf and add nameserver 192.168.1.2) ?

Hi
    The local DNS server running. It was a syntax error in the file name box. But I still can not access from outside to my web page. Maybe the problem is the router. any advice on this.

Hi
    When I try to redirect to the server, I get a message saying that port 80 is already used by the DSL and will be replaced by 8080. Is what this may be causing my problem? In addition xxx.dyndns.org ping does not respond very . Apparently the router can not reach the destination machine.