Thread: Internet Connection Disconnects and Reconnects on its own

Internet Connection Disconnects and Reconnects on its own

I am facing strange problem of Internet connection from the last week. When I try to open the internet connection there is an error message on my task bar saying that Internet is not connected. When I start my other work after some time, I can see a pop up saying that Internet is now connected. I am wondering how this is happening.! I cant even log in on internet for a long time because it disconnects automatically after some time. Does anyone know how to troubleshoot this problem.?
    Computer:

Windows XP Professional
    Asus A8N-VM Socket 939 Motherboard with NForce 410
    AMD Athlon 64 3500+ 2.45ghz-Venice Core
    2x1024MB PC3200 Kingston Ram in Dual Channel
    ATI Radeon X800XL 256MB GDDR3,16 Pipelines overclocked to 442mhz/1080mhz
    Enermax 420W "Silent" Powersupply

Re: Internet Connection Disconnects and Reconnects on its own

You have not mentioned whether you are using DSL or cable. If you are using the DSL the cause of problem may be no continuous packets receiving from the provider. This usually happens when there is bad DSL provider. And if you are using the cable, then are you the only user or the cable or it is going to router from where the lines are splitted. If you are the lonely user than there might be some issue with the OS. And if the line is getting splitted then this problem is normal. So try to use the cable for an individual use.

Many times this problem are caused because of the Virus infection. So I would suggest you to scan your system by updated anti virus. I am sure it will find some malwares. If it is not successful then try to reset your Internet connection. If this problem persist then call the DSL technician. He will able to catch the exact problem.

First try to find that your system has some malwares and viruses. If it is not having then some files of your OS might have corrupted. There are some OS files that are required to start the Internet connection. If that files are missing or corrupted you cannot open the Internet connection. So try to repair the OS. (Clean formatting is better if there is not important documents). If the problem still persist then call the technician.