Thread: Wireless Internet Connection drops on Windows 7

Wireless Internet Connection drops on Windows 7

Hi guys, Please help me!!!
    I have recently installed the new Windows 7 Operating System on my computer and even on my laptop. Before that i was using windows xp and sometime vista also. I was using the wireless connection on both of this computer without any problem but from when i have installed the new OS, that is windows 7. I can connect to the internet perfectly but after some random time it keeps on dropping the connection. Now i have gone frustrated by connecting again and again.

Re: Wireless Internet Connection drops on Windows 7

This does not seems to be a bigger issue of internet connection. Like you said you have recently installed the Windows 7 on your computer. It may happen that the version you have installed would be the trial version of the windows 7. Or it may also happen that you would be using the pirated version of the latest windows. This kind of reason may be affecting you to use your internet connection uninterruptedly.

Since you are using the wireless connection, There could be the wireless security issue. Mostly it happens with the 64 bit operating systems. I would be suggesting you to check your type of security. If it has been set to the WEP then here you got the wrong option. Because any 64 bit operating system will not going to work well with WEP. First of all change your security type to the WPA then try connecting your computer to the wireless internet again and see that it happens again or not.
    Last edited by Snake08; 08-12-2009 at 01:24 AM.

There could be a some kind of problem with the router you are using. It might happen sometime that you connect your wireless connection but after some time your router keep on loosing the signals. Check that your router is working in the same manner on other computer as it works on you, if not then your router would be fine. then it can also happen because of the drivers that you have installed while installing the new operating system. Try reinstalling them.

I too am facing this rather frustrating problem. I have my security set to WPA-Personal and it still breaks frequently.

please see the attached screen shot