Thread: Folders are created with weird names

Folders are created with weird names

Hello guys, Recently by using the internet may be from some website, A virus has affected my computer. It is creating the junk folders with the weird names. Like i have some folders with the name " 5a753becda34610e6af149 ". I do not know who has created it but i have observed that every folder has a file in it whose name ends with the "mpavdlta.vdm". I think, is there something related to Microsoft Security Essentials ?

Re: Folders are created with weird names

Definitely there will be a some kind of viruses in your computer because of which such kind of folder are being created. But do not be worrying as it is just creating the folder but not going to harm your system. Scan your computer as soon as possible. Definitely it will find some viruses. Still if it did not work then please change your anti virus spyware. May be Norton Anti Virus will solve your problem completely.

Same Problem i have faced before some 4 or 5 weeks. Even my computer was creating the random name folders. I just deleted these all folder by using SHIFT+DELETE function. And i finally found the reason about why they were created. These folders were created while Microsoft Security Essentials update process and They were created before current system boot.

Folders are being created automatically can be happened by some type of virus only. This folders may multiply themselves as they are created automatically. Try to scan your computer with the latest version of your anti virus system. Or directly scan that folder and then see that if it finds any virus or not. After detection of virus, delete it and restart your computer to check that still folders are keeping on creating or not.