Thread: Information on worm Win32/Zafi.D

Information on worm Win32/Zafi.D

Yesterday one of my friend's Dell Vostro desktop was infected by the worm Win32/Zafi.D. I have never heard about this worm ever before. I want some information on this worm. How does it makes it way to the user's computer. How to remove this worm if it infects the users machine? Which anti virus is best to protect against such worms, virus, malwares and other networking security threats?

Re: Information on worm Win32/Zafi.D

This worm- Win32/Zafi.D is an email attachment worm. Your friend would have probably received a spam email with some unknown attachment files which he/she had opened. A much easy way to not allow such worms to reside on your computer is not to open any unknown email attachment. And always enable your computer Firewall settings.

In case this worm has made way on to your system. It should be deleted as soon as possible. You can delete the worm by re-booting your system in safe mode by re-booting your system and keep the F8 key tapping. Once the black and white selection screen for safe mode displays select safe mode using your arrow keys. When your system is in safe mode run a system scan of your entire system to delete any instances of the Win32/Zafi.D worm.

There are many anti virus which are available to secure your computer from threats and attacks performed from the internet or any other media. You can download: AVG, McAfee, Avast, Norton,... I am currently using Norton Internet Security and I am facing no issues regarding any virus infecting my computer. You should always keep your computer's anti-virus updated for latest threats.