Thread: Adding DKIM with Clarkconnect Community

Adding DKIM with Clarkconnect Community

I want to set up an SMTP gateway to avoid going through the smtp server of my ISP to send emails. Here is what I want to implement:

Internet - Firewall - SMTP (Clarkconnect) - Exchange

Moreover, I have to put up a DKIM signature on emails. Does Clarkconnect Community allows adding DKIM?

Re: Adding DKIM with Clarkconnect Community

It should work without problem. Some information about the implementation:
    1. Check in your DNS whether PTR record matches the hostname with which the gateway will provide the SMTP address. The registration address will be okay too.
    2. You can place the gateway in a DMZ outside while the exchange will be internal dmz. Otherwise dmz and internal lan.
    3. In Clarkconnect its Postfix that is used as a mail server. You can edit the configuration file to eliminate a large portion of spam without involving spamassassin that is heavy and slow. I already publish the information that can be modified in main.cf

I wanted nothing to Dkim. Look at the side of Postfix if feasible.

I just put up in ClarkConnect smtp gateway. I asked my ISP to do a reverse dns and I created a connector in exchange that points to Clarkconnect, it works. I wanted to add SMTP authentication on the server in addition to the "trusted networks", or may be add this?

We must modify main.cf, ie the configuration file of Postfix. All information is here: http://www.postfix.org/docs.html. Watch TLS and SASL. I have checked that you can actually integrate Dkim with Postfix.

Ok, well I have not managed to install dkim despite several tutorial. I wanted to know the limits of Clarkconnect Community. Currently in testing in my company, it serves as a gateway SMTP incoming and outgoing two fields to exchange the box. I recorded my license, and install updates. Are there limits specified in this configuration, I doubt on this "End of Product Life May 1, 2009" in the registration page.

You mean functional limitations? Indeed there but not for use in relays. In mail server, you are limited to 10 boxes, which does not concern us in relays. I have a half dozen in prod with different customers for quite some time.
    Version 5 is currently in alpha 2. It replaces the 4.x versions to run, this does not mean that your gateway will stop working. Nothing forces you to upgrade, we are not at Microsoft. I have this information in mind for almost a year and it does me no problem. The replacement will come in time, in my opinion not for a year unless the appearance of specific features in the admin interface.