Thread: Squid and Dansguardian on Clarkconnect 5

Squid and Dansguardian on Clarkconnect 5

I am new to Clarkconnect 5 community edition. Unfortunately, for now, I have installed some old games with 190 MB RAM. It works slowly but surely. I use this as a firewall (Squid and Dansguardian, in transparent mode).

It turns out that every day I have to manually restart because the Web traffic does not pass at all.

1) Is this normal?

2) I have not found a function that can make reboot every day at that hour. Does it exists?

Also, I tested the program on a newer machine (with the minimum hardware requirements) but the same thing.

Re: Squid and Dansguardian on Clarkconnect 5

You say nothing of your Internet connectivity. So far as you have tried two different machines where I use this type of configuration in TPE without problem, I am inclined to easily check this side. Especially as you read the problem seems to be very regular. What is the status of the connection at the ISP when you do not have Internet access?

In fact, when the problem occurs, more surfing is possible. But I am still pinging www.google.com (for example) and online games work too. It is an Ethernet modem connected to the net and continuously issuing the IP of eth0. For info, 5 PCs are connected behind the firewall. And also, my system is not registered.

Which protocol is used in games? It seems that the problem concerns only with the http traffic. Saving your system update is important from a security point of view. It would also suggest you to read the logs.

In fact this is the famous Dofus which turns everything into this computer park. I only know the name, I do not know what it looks like and suddenly, I can not say more.

FYI, I looked if there was enough space on the hard drive and I found that I am only using 8%. So it should not come from there either side.