Thread: Technical specification of Wargbot virus

Technical specification of Wargbot virus

How does a virus name Wargbot spreads. Normally viruses enters in a system through internet and other media. What is the technical specification of this virus. This virus was not detected by my antivirus software. But the same was detected in my process explorer. When I search for the name it shows me a virus.

Re: Technical specification of Wargbot virus

Wargbot is a virus that spreads via AOL Instant Messenger software (AIM), shared folders and network. Exploiting a Exposure Microsoft recently revised, it is capable of automatically infecting Internet-connected computers running Windows 2000 and XP SP1 not current with their patches. Once installed, the virus opens a backdoor allowing an individual to take remote control of infected computer.

The alias name of this virus are Win32/Cuebot.J, backdoor.Win32.IRCBot.st, IRC-Mocbot!MS06-040, (Mc Afee) IRC-Mocbot!, w32/Cuebot-M, W32.Wargbot, wORM_IRCBOT.JL, etc. The size of the virus file is 9609 bytes. Once executed, the virus copies itself to the System folder under the name wgareg.exe
    wgavm.exe or attempting to take off a component "Windows Genuine Advantage" and then opens a backdoor allowing an individual to take control away from the infected computer and perform various actions. Scan your
    computer with good antivirus.

Wargbot is thus able to infect computers that are not current with their patches running Windows 2000 and XP SP1 via port TCP 445 for their Internet connection without any user interference, using the Microsoft Server Service liability (MS06-040) announced and corrected on 08/08/06. It could be nice to contact your LAN manager or Industrial Persons to save from more scratch of your computer. If you have done a registry and modifications on services.