Thread: Computer infected with jwgkvsq.vmx worm

Computer infected with jwgkvsq.vmx worm

I have a 320 GB Lenovo external hard disk. When i connect it to the USB port, it detects the HD. But, when I double-click on the HD icon, i cannot open it. It gives me a message that "You do not have enough rights to use this drive". Neither can I open it from the address bar. It gives me the same message. When I scanned the HD using Avira antivirus, it is produces a worm named jwgkvsq.vmx in the scan result. But when I tried to remove it, it is giving the message "File not found". If anyone has any information about jwgkvsq.vmx worm and how it can be deleted, please reply......

Re: Information about jwgkvsq.vmx worm and how it can be deleted

Start your system in safe mode and then restart it. Now keep pressing F8 before the boot screen of windows appear. Now, a menu appars where you have to select safe mode. Now, connect your external device. In safe mode, note that autorun.inf does not run. Now, go to Tools, select Folder Options and check mark the show hidden files and folders. You need to delete autorun.inf. "If its not going stop its function. In the Recycle Bin Properties, click on Configure drives independently". Here you need to tab to the external HD and click on the box "Do not move files to the Recycle Bin". Next, click on Apply and after that ok. This will remove the worm jwgkvsq.vmx.

Re: Computer infected with jwgkvsq.vmx worm

I had the same headache with this jwgkvsq.vmx. It is a type of worm that spreads through USB drives and also via the network. It creats the file autorun.inf and also a hidden folder of the system known as RECYCLER. This folder contains jwgkvsq.vmx. All types of antivirus can detect it, but cannot delete it. This worm is infecting a lot of system these days. The only solution I recommend is to format and install a new copy of windows.

Re: Computer infected with jwgkvsq.vmx worm

Even my computer was infected with this jwgkvsq.vmx virus. Actually, It is a type to worm which is also called as W32/Confi, Win32/Conficker.B – CA and W32/Conficker.worm!inf. Since, the file is not deleting you need to download MoSo Force Delete. This software deletes the files forcefully, which do no delete on simple pressing of delete button.