Thread: Computer security affected while visiting Youtube or Rediff

Computer security affected while visiting Youtube or Rediff

My antivirus recently started giving me warning messages after visiting some sites. But other people do not seem to have this kind of complaints. Yet my antivirus detects potential viruses in temporary internet files from Youtube or even Rediff.

Is it true that one should not go on the Internet if you are admin of the computer? My father is the admin but he needs the Internet to receive mails and book airline tickets or order online.

Re: Computer security affected while visiting Youtube or Rediff

An administrator data can be edited more easily. This is why many people advice (I'm also one of them) do not always work in as an administrator. No antivirus software can safeguard you if your computer is once affected. Security is not 100% guaranteed although if you use best firewall, anti-spy and anti-virus.

However in your case, to remove your virus you can try to empty the temporary files i.e. "Temporary Internet files," "Cache" of Firefox or Opera or whatever browser you use etc.

Most methods of detection alerts of modern anti-viruses are totally based on their incompetence. Since all sites are using ajax anywhere simply because the scripts are not hosted on another site, it can be seen as malware. Its therefore considered as potential threat or a malware.

But it is said that it may actually be malicious binaries (pirated site) large sites

For youtube it actually has spreaded many malware and so must look if that's the issue.

Virus detection methods:

It is true that the virus uses a detection system based on signatures, resulting in "false positive". One can also wonder about those who create viruses: why not build yourself a virus and sell the vaccine? Of course, the issue should not be ignored.

It should not stop the virus but the widespread malware: it is clear that a virus is detected early while a spyware, trojan act much longer.

There are many new risks and almost invisible: why we always get emails asking to regain its access code to his bank? (phishing). This type of message, despite its apparent stupidity, operates at a few% or tenths of% ... which is enough to make money!

Some thoughts on security:

- A PC must be updated: windows update, updated antivirus, antispyware updated.
    - A PC must have a firewall: filter incoming and outgoing application control. (the XP SP2 firewall is a minimum).
    - A PC should not be a "test center" the only software installation required.

- Today malware arrives via email, msn, and other open source software to the Internet.
    - Malware targeting weaknesses more obvious and widespread: IE, Outlook,...

- A good "antivirus" is human: DO NOT click at all costs.
    - A mail arrived from someone I do not know, with incomprehensible subject, with a body in a foreign language and/or incomprehensible SHOULD be deleted without the attachment is executed.