Thread: Does Windows Vista has virus in it

Does Windows Vista has virus in it

Hi,
    I need some suggestion regarding the security settings in Windows Vista. I have installed Windows Vista in a laptop. Then I install malwarebyte and run the same. It detects some virus. Some files in the operating system is still consuming high system resource. Does Vista has virus in it. What security features does it includes. I also want to disable administrative shares and set the Defender for all the users. And also how to stop the security notification message popping up again and again from the task bar. Thanks.

Re: Does Windows Vista has virus in it

No, Vista did not possess the virus, mainly for competition issues (and the trials undergone by Microsoft). It contains an anti-spyware but no anti-virus. It will pass through the solution Windows Live One Care or use a third party application. If you are using a pirated version of software than that might have virus in it. To disable the administrative shares click Start > Run and type regedit. Locate the key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ System \ CurrentControlSet \ Services \ lanmanserver \ parameters. If it does not exist, create a DWORD value whose name is AutoShareWks and set it to 0 then restart the machine.

Yes the security center is useful to know if our computer is well protected or not, but its alerts can quickly become annoying. Fortunately for us, it is possible to disable them. On the icon near the clock, open the Security Center.
    On the left, click Change the way Security Center alerts me (Change the way Security Center alerts me.) And choose one of the last two options offer not display alerts.

Windows Defender is an anti-spyware installed base of Windows Vista. It monitors the spyware that attempts to install and remove existing ones. Containing numerous features and settings, you may be asked to configure the same for all computer users. To do this, open the Policy Editor (Start> Run> type gpedit.msc) and go to Local Computer Policy \ Computer Configuration \ Administrative Templates \ Windows Components \ Windows Defender You then have 6 parameters you can configure as you like: Check for New Signatures Before On-Demand Scans, Turn off Scanning for Spyware and Other Unwanted Software, Stop Logging Known Good Detections, Stop Logging Unknown Detection, Turn off Real-Time Protection Prompts for Unknown Detection & Download Entire Signature Set.

Windows Vista's security was increased and the risk is now greatly reduced with Internet Explorer 7 as it is installed by default on Windows Vista. But this is not sufficient and it is now mandatory to have an effective anti-spyware. Windows Vista will also incorporate a default anti-spyware: Windows Defender. It will block spyware before installation, and also detect any suspicious program providing information on the net. Under Vista, it appears that Windows Defender offers protection against the installation and operation of these malware.