Thread: Icon on a desktop can not be deleted

Icon on a desktop can not be deleted

hello.
    By surfing internet I got a software (pc confidential complete scan) scaner for my pc as usual I remove the cross on the top right, but this time if this has triggered the scan and then several icons appeared on the desktop, I managed to delete except one (shredder) it asks me to open or created a shortcut. it sends me into research in program file on winferno and inside is (pc confidential) I can not delete a message appears: impossible to delete , access denied pccbho.dll ,Make sure the disk is not full.
    thank you for your answers

Re: Icon on a desktop can not be deleted

Do following:

1. May be your pc having a virus or malware. Download Norton Security Scan , its free. Perform a free virus scan.
    2. Also to make your pc free from spywares Download Ad-Aware

3. Perform a DISK CLEANUP as Start -> Programs -> Accessories -> System Tools -> Disk Cleanup.
    4. Also do the defrag of your hard disk partitions.

Never download anything like a pc scan softwares from internet without confirmation that its genuine. They may invite many trojans and virus to your pc. I'll advice you to update your antivirus and perform a complete scan of your pc. And also check your task manager for unknown running processes and stop them.

Have you tried reboot of your system? access denied error comes to me lot of time but after doing reboot get off automatically. if that also doesn't helps then boot in safe mode then you should be able to delete that file without any concern. PCCBHO.dll is usually located in the 'C:\Program Files\Winferno\PC Confidential\' folder you can delete it from that location.

looks like a rogue antivirus program. suugest killbox to delete a particular file and super antispyware for full system scan.

mods, making my first post so excuse if i have broken some rules.

There are multiple ways to do it, but here are a couple. You can click on the Start Button, then on All Programs, then locate the entry for the program, and just drag that entry onto your desktop. Try booting into safe mode and then right click the start button and click Explore all users-->scroll up to desktop-->click it and delete it from there.

Download and use unlocker. It helps you delete any files, which may be locked due to some program usage or handlings. You can download unlocker from here : http://www.techarena.in/download/system/unlocker.htm